• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo
- - - - -

Whut..?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 okfloray

okfloray

2016 1st Place Pick Em Winner

• +MODERATOR
  • 3,268 posts

• Team Flag:

Posted 15 May 2018 - 09:21 AM

https://thespun.com/...-state-syracuse
td.gif
Out of appearant neccesity and in order to minimize the confusion, all of my postings are simply my opinion based upon nothing more than my own observation and habitual blabbyness. For the record I make no claim of being an expert, and have no "insider" status regarding Tennessee sports programs, their players, coach's, opponents, or anything that could be mistaken as remotely associated with them.
-GOBIGORANGE

Facebook Comments

#2 Ozonedrifter

Ozonedrifter

Born offended, and proud of it

• VOLS
  • 502 posts

• Team Flag:

Posted 15 May 2018 - 07:21 PM

In the words of Lee Corso, "Not so fast my friend!".

Never Say Never!

:Tennrules: 

#3 LakeVol

LakeVol

You Talking to Me?

• ++OWNER
  • 6,413 posts

• Team Flag:

Posted 15 May 2018 - 10:29 PM

Twenty years ago, Tennessee won its last national title in the first year A.P. (After Peyton). Led by Tee Martin, the Vols took down Florida State in the first-ever BCS National Championship Game. Tennessee also won it all in 1938, 1940, 1950, 1951 and 1967.

In the two decades since their last national championship, Tennessee has gone from national power to consistently mediocre. The hope is that new head coach Jeremy Pruitt can revive the program.

This is probably the most controversial entry on our list. The Vols have a great fan base and home field, play in a premier league and can recruit at a high level. However, they are in the same division as Georgia and Florida, and play Alabama every year in a crossover matchup.  We wouldn’t hold our breath waiting for them to climb to the top of college football again.

Do we have a middle finger emoji? :loco: :bird:

voltalk1.png

#4 GiveHim6

GiveHim6

Vol Fan Hall Of Famer

• VOLS
  • 4,285 posts

• Team Flag:

Posted 16 May 2018 - 04:45 AM

Ah yes, it's offseason and time for sportswriters everywhere to post pot stirring articles to try and generate some interest. I've seen several articles in the past few years saying essentially the same thing about Tennessee football. The problem with this kind of thinking is that the writers assume that the way things are now are the way they will be forevermore. Since when has that been true in any sport? The teams considered elite right now won't always be kings of the hill. So what if Georgia is hot right now? Florida certainly isn't the program they once were. $aban won't be Bama's coach forever. Maybe their fans think their shit don't stink but so do fans at Ole Miss, Kentucky and Vanderbilt.

Most of us here have been following the Vols for years and we know how quickly things can change for better or worse for any program. Winning national championships is great but it's not the reason fans are fans.

"Wake me when it's football time..."

Posted Image

#5 UltimateVolfan

UltimateVolfan

Head Coach

• VolTalk Supporter
  • 1,667 posts

• Team Flag:

Posted 16 May 2018 - 08:23 AM

They like ticking off the fanbases.  :MsnSlap5:   :the_finger:

GO VOLS

uvfsig.jpg

"Everyone wants the prize, but no one wants the process"

- Coach Butch Jones

"The Process is taking to damned long and going backwards "

- UVF 2017