• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo

The "stable genius"

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 GiveHim6

GiveHim6

Vol Fan Hall Of Famer

• VOLS
  • 4,253 posts

• Team Flag:

Posted 07 January 2018 - 05:49 AM

Whether you believe the book or not, it should be obvious to anyone with more than a few brain cells that as long as this man is president, this country is playing with fire.

"Wake me when it's football time..."

Posted Image

#2 VolNick

VolNick

2012 Pickem winner!

• +MODERATOR
  • 1,642 posts

• Team Flag:

Posted 11 January 2018 - 02:16 PM

Tax cuts, companies giving raises and bonuses, Isis on the run, cutting government waste....I could go on but some of the other things we might not all agree are good.  I would think we could all agree on these.  I may have burned a few brain cells in my youth but I still have plenty left and think President Trump is doing a great job.  We have at least 1107 days.

Posted Image

#3 GiveHim6

GiveHim6

Vol Fan Hall Of Famer

• VOLS
  • 4,253 posts

• Team Flag:

Posted 12 January 2018 - 09:58 AM

It's a matter of opinion I guess on how much input Trump had on the actual tax "reform" bill passed by Congress. For that matter, time will tell what effect that bill will have on the national debt or the long term health of the economy. My impression is that the short term tax cuts for the majority will dwindle to nothing while the wealthy few will benefit indefinitely. That seems to be the opinion of most professional economists. Or to be more blunt, we're getting pissed on while Paul Ryan is telling us it's raining. I just don't buy the line that Trump is some kind of brilliant businessman who knows economics inside and out. He's left most of the economic heavy lifting to his underlings in his business affairs while he takes the credit for successes and poo-poohs the failures.

As for companies giving raises and bonuses, lucky you if you're getting them. I did get a bonus this year and every year because my company offers profit sharing. However, those bonuses which were fairly sizeable 4 or 5 years ago have dwindled to practically nothing. I don't see anything on the economic horizon that leads me to believe it will get better anytime soon. Anyway, the template for most politicians of both parties has always been to take credit when the economy is booming and blame the other party when it's not.

Whatever success has come of the war on terror is because of Trump's brilliance on foreign policy and his efforts as commander-in-chief of the military? I doubt he knows or cares anything about military matters or how to deal with terrorist organizations, he leaves that to the generals he claims to be smarter than. Which is probably a good thing given his bluster towards North Korea. That's not what most high ranking military officers or career diplomats call diplomacy. Nor is referring to third world countries as "shitholes".

And the swamp is still chock full of crocodiles. They seem to be as healthy and well fed as ever.

Posted Image

#4 VolNick

VolNick

2012 Pickem winner!

• +MODERATOR
  • 1,642 posts

• Team Flag:

Posted 12 January 2018 - 12:06 PM

So nothing good to say about our president?

Posted Image

#5 GiveHim6

GiveHim6

Vol Fan Hall Of Famer

• VOLS
  • 4,253 posts

• Team Flag:

Posted 12 January 2018 - 01:13 PM

Don't rush me, I'm still thinking...  :4_6_2v[1]:

Posted Image

#6 VolNick

VolNick

2012 Pickem winner!

• +MODERATOR
  • 1,642 posts

• Team Flag:

Posted 12 January 2018 - 02:11 PM

OK, you have 1106 days.   :nana:

Posted Image

#7 GiveHim6

GiveHim6

Vol Fan Hall Of Famer

• VOLS
  • 4,253 posts

• Team Flag:

Posted 12 January 2018 - 02:52 PM

Time will tell about that too.

Posted Image

#8 GiveHim6

GiveHim6

Vol Fan Hall Of Famer

• VOLS
  • 4,253 posts

• Team Flag:

Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:21 PM

Just came across this.

https://www.washingt...m=.7f397f536c79

Posted Image

#9 VolNick

VolNick

2012 Pickem winner!

• +MODERATOR
  • 1,642 posts

• Team Flag:

Posted 13 January 2018 - 09:48 AM

That is a good story. It goes to one extreme.  This story goes to the other extreme:

2016 Ohio State University attack: A car ramming attack and mass stabbing occurred at 9:52 a.m. EST at Ohio State University(OSU)'s Watts Hall in Columbus, Ohio. The attacker, Somali refugee Abdul Razak Ali Artan, was shot and killed by the first responding OSU police officer, and 11 people were hospitalized for injuries. According to authorities, Artan was inspired by terrorist propaganda from the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant and radical Muslim cleric Anwar al-Awlaki.

And somewhere in the middle we have the rest.  America can't let everyone in who wants in so I would think we should use a system that determines what value can someone bring to this country if they want to immigrate.    

Posted Image

#10 GiveHim6

GiveHim6

Vol Fan Hall Of Famer

• VOLS
  • 4,253 posts

• Team Flag:

Posted 03 February 2018 - 06:23 AM

“In 2016, the Russian government engaged in an elaborate plot to interfere in an American election and undermine our democracy. The latest attacks on the FBI and Department of Justice serve no American interests — no party’s, no president’s, only Putin’s. The American people deserve to know all of the facts surrounding Russia’s ongoing efforts to subvert our democracy, which is why Special Counsel Mueller’s investigation must proceed unimpeded. Our nation’s elected officials, including the president, must stop looking at this investigation through the warped lens of politics and manufacturing partisan sideshows. If we continue to undermine our own rule of law, we are doing Putin’s job for him.” ~ Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.)

Playing with fire. Is a constitutional crisis just around the corner? Trump is clearly hoping to use the Nunes memo to lay the foundation for firing Rosenstein and Muller and derail the Russia investigation. Which explains why he was chomping at the bit to release it before he even read it and despite the fact that legal experts have already shot it full of holes. Even members of his own party are trying to put on the brakes. Ryan & Co. are congratulating themselves for their "transparency" but Trump sure isn't acting like a guy with nothing to hide.

May you live in interesting times.

Posted Image

#11 VolNick

VolNick

2012 Pickem winner!

• +MODERATOR
  • 1,642 posts

• Team Flag:

Posted 07 February 2018 - 05:23 PM

I am not sure I would use John McCain as an example of a Republican, even though he identifies as one.  Got anybody else?  And don't even say Lindsey Graham.  The liberal news media always finds those 2 when they want a "Republican" to say something bad about the president.

Posted Image

#12 GiveHim6

GiveHim6

Vol Fan Hall Of Famer

• VOLS
  • 4,253 posts

• Team Flag:

Posted 08 February 2018 - 07:52 AM

Ah yes. Lindsey. Or Howdy Doody as my wife calls him, is one of our esteemed state senators. 

Christmas before last we were having dinner at a nice restaurant in Orangeburg with some people my wife knows from her moonlighting job reporting city council meetings for the O-burg paper and he was at another table. After a while a person from his table recognized someone at our table and came over to say hello. He got in a conversation about Lindsey and expressed regret at some of the unkind things Lindsey had been saying about Trump at the time. Turned out he was a bigwig with the local Repub party in town and said they were gonna have to sit Lindsey down and set him straight about following the party line. Especially if he didn't want to piss off some of the state party's big donors. Wasn't long after that Lindsey turned down the rhetoric, at least for awhile. He's still blown hot & cold about Trump from time to time since then but knows who butters his bread.

Doesn't matter to me who says nice things about Trump and who doesn't. There's plenty of examples of aides and members of his inner circle who have privately called him everything from unqualified to a f***ing moron. That's not the point. And McCain isn't always a shining example of common sense but I do agree with him on this one. Even toadies like Ryan and McConnell have publicly stated the investigations must go on. Any attempt Trump makes to derail the Muller investigation should be condemned by anyone who wants the truth to come out, no matter what that truth is. And I'm confident it will come out eventually, one way or another.

Posted Image