• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo
- - - - -

Florida / Tennessee in Atlanta?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 LakeVol

LakeVol

You Talking to Me?

• ++OWNER
  • 6,374 posts

• Team Flag:

Posted 12 September 2017 - 09:01 AM

Possibly moving the game to Atlanta due to hurricane conditions in Gainsville. Could be interesting....

voltalk1.png

Facebook Comments

#2 GiveHim6

GiveHim6

Vol Fan Hall Of Famer

• VOLS
  • 4,210 posts

• Team Flag:

Posted 12 September 2017 - 09:42 AM

This is from today's Gainesville Sun:

There has been speculation that Saturday’s game could be moved to Knoxville or Atlanta if conditions are less than ideal in Gainesville.

The ultimate decision where the game is played will be made by the SEC because it is a conference game. League officials are in contact with officials from UF and Tennessee.

“Now that the storm has passed through Gainesville, the University of Florida is working with local authorities to assess the effect of the storm on the campus and the Gainesville community, at the same time ensuring the appropriate security and local officials are available to host a game,” SEC commissioner Greg Sankey said in a league news release.

The school did an assessment of all its facilities Monday and determined there were no major damages, including to The Swamp, due to the hurricane.

"Wake me when it's football time..."

Posted Image

#3 SavageOrangeJug

SavageOrangeJug

Vol Fan Hall Of Famer

• VolTalk Supporter
  • 8,134 posts

• Team Flag:

Posted 13 September 2017 - 09:21 PM

I'm hearing gas might be in short supply in Gainesville. Not to mention a lot of residual water and possible road closures.

#4 LakeVol

LakeVol

You Talking to Me?

• ++OWNER
  • 6,374 posts

• Team Flag:

Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:17 PM

They'll still have the game simply so the media can call it a "healing" process for the community as if a football game would heal any devastation!  :shakehead:

voltalk1.png