• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo
- - - - -

Up Next..... FLORIDA

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 LakeVol

LakeVol

Little Angry Butch

• ++OWNER
  • 1,946 posts

• Team Flag:

Posted 09 September 2017 - 09:24 PM

In the swamp........

Based on what I've seen so far, I'm not confident Tennessee can walk away with a third win. Anybody disagree?

voltalk1.png

Facebook Comments

#2 GiveHim6

GiveHim6

Vol Fan Hall Of Famer

• VOLS
  • 4,028 posts

• Team Flag:

Posted 09 September 2017 - 10:25 PM

Neither team has anything to brag about so far. I'd guess gator fans are just as nervous as we are. Whoever wins has something to hang on to going forward. Whoever loses can think about chilly weather for their bowl game.

"Wake me when it's football time..."

Posted Image

#3 okfloray

okfloray

2016 1st Place Pick Em Winner

• +MODERATOR
  • 3,082 posts

• Team Flag:

Posted 10 September 2017 - 06:32 AM

Depending upon what transpires today/tonite in Florida, and next week this game might not even be played on schedule. Of course everybody is hoping hurricane Irma isn't as devastating as it potentially could be. Still yet, a lot's going to happen before gameday.

Right now Florida Gators have probably canceled all practices for the foreseeable future. Evacuated, and who knows when they will return to Gainsville? Let alone be able to begin practice.

I wouldn't be suprised if this ballgame ends up being rescheduled.

Keep all the folks from down in Florida in your thoughts ya'll. It's gonna get worse for them before it gets any better. One things for sure, they all have better things to worry about than some ball game...
td.gif
Out of appearant neccesity and in order to minimize the confusion, all of my postings are simply my opinion based upon nothing more than my own observation and habitual blabbyness. For the record I make no claim of being an expert, and have no "insider" status regarding Tennessee sports programs, their players, coach's, opponents, or anything that could be mistaken as remotely associated with them.
-GOBIGORANGE

#4 Piddlin

Piddlin

Tennessee All-American

• +MODERATOR
  • 593 posts

• Team Flag:

Posted 10 September 2017 - 08:48 AM

Depending upon what transpires today/tonite in Florida, and next week this game might not even be played on schedule. Of course everybody is hoping hurricane Irma isn't as devastating as it potentially could be. Still yet, a lot's going to happen before gameday.

Right now Florida Gators have probably canceled all practices for the foreseeable future. Evacuated, and who knows when they will return to Gainsville? Let alone be able to begin practice.

Keep all the folks from down in Florida in your thoughts ya'll. It's gonna get worse for them before it gets any better. One things for sure, they all have better things to worry about than some ball game...

Agreed!

Posted Image

#5 Atomic City

Atomic City

All-American Vol Talker

• +MODERATOR
  • 21,401 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 08:57 AM

Im not real impressed with either team so far. Hopefully we can put together enough to beat them. I do know if Dornandy doesn't keep the ball a few times on the read our RBs are gonna get killed
Posted Image

#6 TecVol

TecVol

VT ADMIN

• ++Admin
  • 5,911 posts

• Team Flag:

Posted 10 September 2017 - 11:06 AM

Officials discussing contingency plans for Vols-Florida According to sources that spoke with GoVols247, at least one neutral-site location is being scouted in case Saturday's Tennessee-Florida game has to be moved.

If Saturday's 3:30 p.m. kickoff between Tennessee and Florida can't take place at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium in Gainesville, Fla., one possible alternate location could be Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta, sources told GoVols247.

With Hurricane Irma bearing down on the Florida panhandle, scheduled to make landfall early Sunday morning and move up the panhandle into Monday, officials have discussed the new stadium in Atlanta as a likely alternative should the game need a new location.

Officials want to make a decision on the game by Tuesday. After last season's Florida-LSU postponement, a new rule allows SEC commissioner Greg Sankey to make the final call on weather-related schedule changes.

Atlanta United, Atlanta's MLS franchise, is currently scheduled to play at 4 p.m. Saturday at Mercedes-Benz Stadium.

Tennessee opened its season with a 42-41 double-overtime win over Georgia Tech in a Chick-fil-A Kickoff game at Mercedes-Benz Stadium on Monday.

The Falcons host the Green Bay Packers for an 8:30 p.m. Sunday Night Football kickoff on Sept. 17, giving stadium officials added turnaround time should the Vols and Gators end up in Atlanta.

Florida lost to Michigan 33-17 in its season-opener at AT&T Stadium last week and had Saturday's home-opener against Norther Colorado cancelled due to the impending super storm.

According to sources, it would be Tennessee's preference to not host the Gators at Neyland Stadium on Saturday, which would in turn mean playing at Florida two seasons in a row to get the home-and-home rivalry back on schedule.

It would also leave Tennessee with back-to-back road SEC games at Florida and Georgia next season and only six home games on schedule.

Last season Florida's October home game with LSU was postponed as a precaution with Hurricane Matthew looming. The game was eventually played at LSU on Nov. 19 after being rescheduled by the SEC.

Remaining schedules for the two teams wouldn't allow a postponement of the game without the SEC Championship being moved back a week.

Tennessee's bye week is Oct. 7, the same day Florida hosts LSU. The Gators have a bye week on Oct. 21, when the Vols play at Alabama.

Non-conference schedules don't line up either, with Tennessee playing Southern Miss on Nov. 4, when Florida plays at Missouri, and the Gators playing UAB on Nov. 18, when the Vols host LSU at Neyland Stadium.

Author

Grant Ramey @GrantRamey

http://tennessee.247...ootba-107211804

#7 LakeVol

LakeVol

Little Angry Butch

• ++OWNER
  • 1,946 posts

• Team Flag:

Posted 10 September 2017 - 12:27 PM

I agree as well. There's too much at stake for any team to play or practice down there. I'm not going to be one of those conspiracy guys because everyone has families, homes, and friends that need to all be safe. 

voltalk1.png

#8 pawprint

pawprint

Tennessee All-American

• BANNED
  • 748 posts

• Team Flag:

Posted 10 September 2017 - 02:03 PM

The most important thing, way above football or where the game is going to be played etc. are Americans in Florida, God Bless them, and keep them safe. We can play the game any time, we can't get lives back.

#9 GiveHim6

GiveHim6

Vol Fan Hall Of Famer

• VOLS
  • 4,028 posts

• Team Flag:

Posted 11 September 2017 - 05:56 AM

one possible alternate location could be Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta

With 70 mph winds expected in Atlanta this afternoon they may want to wait on that.

Posted Image

#10 Piddlin

Piddlin

Tennessee All-American

• +MODERATOR
  • 593 posts

• Team Flag:

Posted 11 September 2017 - 07:42 AM

We've got sideways rain and gusts to 60 right now.  Still have the worst band yet to come in the next hour.

Posted Image

#11 GiveHim6

GiveHim6

Vol Fan Hall Of Famer

• VOLS
  • 4,028 posts

• Team Flag:

Posted 11 September 2017 - 08:58 AM

Yeah not quite that bad here. Wind is supposed to be in the 25-40 mph with higher gusts. We're getting maybe 5" when it's all over. And a tornado watch of course. Irma's headed right for Columbus so I'm a little concerned about my son and his mom. Also haven't heard in a couple of days from a close friend and her 2 kids in Ft. Myers.

Stay safe over there!

Posted Image

#12 pawprint

pawprint

Tennessee All-American

• BANNED
  • 748 posts

• Team Flag:

Posted 11 September 2017 - 10:11 PM

Tennessee by at least 21 points-Fl can't beat our will to win!

#13 LakeVol

LakeVol

Little Angry Butch

• ++OWNER
  • 1,946 posts

• Team Flag:

Posted 11 September 2017 - 11:57 PM

That's very optimistic in my opinion. I applaud the enthusiasm. With Florida still having 10 junkheads on suspension, we may have a shot in the swamp (assuming the game is not cancelled). I'm going to say Tennessee by 3.

voltalk1.png

#14 Piddlin

Piddlin

Tennessee All-American

• +MODERATOR
  • 593 posts

• Team Flag:

Posted 12 September 2017 - 02:44 PM

Tennessee by 1 :the7f6a493:

Posted Image

#15 LakeVol

LakeVol

Little Angry Butch

• ++OWNER
  • 1,946 posts

• Team Flag:

Posted 12 September 2017 - 03:51 PM

Tennessee by 1 :the7f6a493:

Shit, we've had two of those in a row!!!

voltalk1.png

#16 SavageOrangeJug

SavageOrangeJug

Vol Fan Hall Of Famer

• VolTalk Supporter
  • 7,765 posts

• Team Flag:

Posted 13 September 2017 - 09:12 PM

That's very optimistic in my opinion. I applaud the enthusiasm. With Florida still having 10 junkheads on suspension, we may have a shot in the swamp (assuming the game is not cancelled). I'm going to say Tennessee by 3.

It would not surprise me to see the only two who count, Scarlett and Calloway, suddenly be off suspension before Saturday.

I think we can win this game. By at least 10 if we play our game.

Bammer_evolution.jpg

#17 okfloray

okfloray

2016 1st Place Pick Em Winner

• +MODERATOR
  • 3,082 posts

• Team Flag:

Posted 14 September 2017 - 01:05 AM

https://www.sbnation...orida-tennessee
td.gif
Out of appearant neccesity and in order to minimize the confusion, all of my postings are simply my opinion based upon nothing more than my own observation and habitual blabbyness. For the record I make no claim of being an expert, and have no "insider" status regarding Tennessee sports programs, their players, coach's, opponents, or anything that could be mistaken as remotely associated with them.
-GOBIGORANGE