• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo
- - - - -

YEEHAW! Another gimmick

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 SavageOrangeJug

SavageOrangeJug

Vol Fan Hall Of Famer

• VolTalk Supporter
  • 8,134 posts

• Team Flag:

Posted 08 September 2017 - 11:38 PM

This is just what we need. No way Bammer beats us now.

If these guys spent half the time coaching football that they spend on coming up with decals on garbage cans and new gimmick songs.

:banghead:

Vols unveil new third-down 'anthem' before home opener

Facebook Comments

#2 LakeVol

LakeVol

You Talking to Me?

• ++OWNER
  • 6,374 posts

• Team Flag:

Posted 09 September 2017 - 08:47 AM

Good God! Why do we need gimmicks to fire everyone up?  :4_6_2v[1]:

voltalk1.png

#3 okfloray

okfloray

2016 1st Place Pick Em Winner

• +MODERATOR
  • 3,231 posts

• Team Flag:

Posted 09 September 2017 - 11:56 AM

I think I'll take a neutral stand on this, and the trashcan thing too. Personally I don't care for either. That is, neither would be my choice if given one. But I imagine the players decide. So if they get something out of it, and they like it, then I guess I can endure.
td.gif
Out of appearant neccesity and in order to minimize the confusion, all of my postings are simply my opinion based upon nothing more than my own observation and habitual blabbyness. For the record I make no claim of being an expert, and have no "insider" status regarding Tennessee sports programs, their players, coach's, opponents, or anything that could be mistaken as remotely associated with them.
-GOBIGORANGE

#4 GiveHim6

GiveHim6

Vol Fan Hall Of Famer

• VOLS
  • 4,210 posts

• Team Flag:

Posted 09 September 2017 - 12:10 PM

I don't think a third down tune would've made much difference against Ga. Tech.

"Wake me when it's football time..."

Posted Image

#5 Piddlin

Piddlin

Tennessee All-American

• +MODERATOR
  • 647 posts

• Team Flag:

Posted 09 September 2017 - 02:00 PM

It is what it is......it's just the way things are today.  If it gets fans fired up more and gets players more excited, then so be it!  Should you have to have it?  No!  But it doesn't bother me either.  I don't think that deciding to have a third down tune took away from coaching.  I'm pretty sure they make the coaching aspect the priority.From the high school level all the way to the NFL today, most teams have similar things.......pink outs, black outs, white outs, songs, crash throughs, fog machines, alternate uniforms, on and on.  We talked about all of this last year as well.  I would rather a staff try to get people more excited in the program than just sit back and hope that maybe people will get excited. Obviously beating the piss out of people is the best way to get people excited, but I don't fault a staff for doing other exciting things as well.  Just my 2 cents. 

Posted Image

#6 Piddlin

Piddlin

Tennessee All-American

• +MODERATOR
  • 647 posts

• Team Flag:

Posted 09 September 2017 - 02:01 PM

I don't think a third down tune would've made much difference against Ga. Tech.

Very true!

Posted Image

#7 Atomic City

Atomic City

All-American Vol Talker

• +MODERATOR
  • 21,796 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 09:00 AM

I don't mind the idea cause it keeps the players and fans pumped up but the soing choice this time is horrible lol
Posted Image

#8 Piddlin

Piddlin

Tennessee All-American

• +MODERATOR
  • 647 posts

• Team Flag:

Posted 10 September 2017 - 10:07 AM

I don't mind the idea cause it keeps the players and fans pumped up but the soing choice this time is horrible lol

Agreed.  

Posted Image

#9 SavageOrangeJug

SavageOrangeJug

Vol Fan Hall Of Famer

• VolTalk Supporter
  • 8,134 posts

• Team Flag:

Posted 12 September 2017 - 09:09 AM

Obviously beating the piss out of people is the best way to get people excited

That is my point. I think this staff relies on gimmicks as a distraction from the point we are not beating the piss out of people with the level of talent we have.

#10 Piddlin

Piddlin

Tennessee All-American

• +MODERATOR
  • 647 posts

• Team Flag:

Posted 12 September 2017 - 03:15 PM

Obviously beating the piss out of people is the best way to get people excited

That is my point. I think this staff relies on gimmicks as a distraction from the point we are not beating the piss out of people with the level of talent we have.

I completely understand what you are saying and pretty much agree...but this type thing just doesn't really bother me, and I don't think gimmicks won us 9 games last year.  On another note, I'm not as confident about our Level of Talent as an SEC school yet either.

Posted Image