• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo
- - - - -

We are a laughing stock...literally the butt of jokes

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 SavageOrangeJug

SavageOrangeJug

Vol Fan Hall Of Famer

• VolTalk Supporter
  • 8,134 posts

• Team Flag:

Posted 08 September 2017 - 08:09 PM

Facebook Comments

#2 okfloray

okfloray

2016 1st Place Pick Em Winner

• +MODERATOR
  • 3,231 posts

• Team Flag:

Posted 08 September 2017 - 09:33 PM

Hmmm... Elephants paying homage to team 121.

Could be an omen.
td.gif
Out of appearant neccesity and in order to minimize the confusion, all of my postings are simply my opinion based upon nothing more than my own observation and habitual blabbyness. For the record I make no claim of being an expert, and have no "insider" status regarding Tennessee sports programs, their players, coach's, opponents, or anything that could be mistaken as remotely associated with them.
-GOBIGORANGE

#3 pawprint

pawprint

Tennessee All-American

• BANNED
  • 748 posts

• Team Flag:

Posted 10 September 2017 - 02:20 PM

Let them laugh all they want! CBJ has just delivered 2 wins in a row-two down the rest to go!

#4 LakeVol

LakeVol

You Talking to Me?

• ++OWNER
  • 6,374 posts

• Team Flag:

Posted 10 September 2017 - 10:01 PM

The trash can and orange dog has got to be 2 of the biggest blunders in Volunteer history! I really am confused how coaches think these are good motivational decisions. I wonder if I walk around with a trash can tomorrow, if people will be motivated to clean up their own shit after themselves.  :shakehead:

voltalk1.png

#5 SavageOrangeJug

SavageOrangeJug

Vol Fan Hall Of Famer

• VolTalk Supporter
  • 8,134 posts

• Team Flag:

Posted 18 September 2017 - 08:44 AM

Literally a laughing stock. :shakehead:

SEC Shorts hilariously parodies Tennessee coach after big loss to Gators

#6 okfloray

okfloray

2016 1st Place Pick Em Winner

• +MODERATOR
  • 3,231 posts

• Team Flag:

Posted 18 September 2017 - 01:08 PM

Well, the big deal about the trashcan thing is getting to celebrate the turnover by slamdunking the ball on the sideline.

TxA&M is doing it too, so somebody obviously likes it...
td.gif
Out of appearant neccesity and in order to minimize the confusion, all of my postings are simply my opinion based upon nothing more than my own observation and habitual blabbyness. For the record I make no claim of being an expert, and have no "insider" status regarding Tennessee sports programs, their players, coach's, opponents, or anything that could be mistaken as remotely associated with them.
-GOBIGORANGE

#7 SavageOrangeJug

SavageOrangeJug

Vol Fan Hall Of Famer

• VolTalk Supporter
  • 8,134 posts

• Team Flag:

Posted 18 September 2017 - 02:12 PM

Well, the big deal about the trashcan thing is getting to celebrate the turnover by slamdunking the ball on the sideline.

TxA&M is doing it too, so somebody obviously likes it...

Sumlin and Jones? :laughing1:

Both are praying nightly that they are employed the next morning.

#8 IllinoisVol

IllinoisVol

Vol Starter

• VOLS
  • 36 posts

• Team Flag:

Posted 18 September 2017 - 02:58 PM

I respectfully disagree that we're the butt of all jokes, especially in the SEC. You got Missouri getting their butts handed to them by teams no one has heard of. Arkansas looks to be a laughing stock, Ole' Miss is falling from the sky, and Texas A&M will have a new coach before the season's over.

I think CBJ can pull this out. Not making excuses. I don't think he's our guy for trophies but I think he can still salvage the season. (minus Bama)

#9 RobVol

RobVol

Blah Blah Master

• ++OWNER
  • 36,174 posts

• Team Flag:

Posted 18 September 2017 - 03:59 PM

Fair statement.

Still the butt of jokes is all the champions of life comments and 5 star hearts and all DAT:-)

When ESPN goes on NFL countdown and pretty much calls out a college game and says "what are you doing?"

That's being called out. You mentioned Missouri. That's the only team in the East right now, I call a win.

Kentucky and Vandy have real games this weekend. Don't be surprised if that goes 1-1. If Tennessee had to play either of those teams this weekend at their home, I'm not sure the Vols win either one.

Still, much time and development can happen. I'm interested to see how the Vols play this Saturday. This should be a "fundamentals" game and constant repetition to work out the issues.

Goodness, there's enough if them.

wreath.gif

manning.gif

#10 Piddlin

Piddlin

Tennessee All-American

• +MODERATOR
  • 647 posts

• Team Flag:

Posted 18 September 2017 - 08:04 PM

When ESPN goes on NFL countdown and pretty much calls out a college game and says "what are you doing?"

I give as much credit to anything coming from ESPN or the NFL as I do Chris Matthews and MSNBC...........zero.   

Posted Image