RobVOL

Tennessee Football: Is Joe Milton ready to lead the Vols’ offense?

I am still saying no but I would like to be surprised :-)

The transfer from Michigan, Joe Milton, has emerged as the front-runner for the starting Quarterback position next year for the Volunteers. Tennessee football is sadly going to have to see their Heisman candidate quarterback Hendon Hooker leave for the NFL.

Milton played in the Orange Bowl for the Volunteers due to a knee injury from starting quarterback Hendon Hooker. The former Michigan transfer was named Orange Bowl MVP after completing 19 of 28 passes for 251 yards, three touchdowns, and no interceptions. He also ran for 5 yards on 11 carries.

There’s no question about Joe Milton’s arm strength, as he has demonstrated time and time again how much of a cannon he has for an arm.

Here is a video of Joe Milton launching an Orange 100 yards:

As we dive deeper into Milton’s game film, there are flashes of greatness that would make Tennessee football extremely dangerous in 2023.

Here is a video of Joe Milton throwing the football effortlessly for 50 yards:

And in another clip, we can see Milton launching the football 60 yards from his knees:

the problem is reading defenses and playing against strong zone defenses. Able to throw touch passes. He still needs work. Let us hope this off season these things are addressed.

You can read on here:

ALLFORTENNESSEE.COM

The transfer from Michigan, Joe Milton, has emerged as the front-runner for the starting Quarterback position next year for the Volunteers. Tennessee footb...

All I ask for is a fair competition.Just don't hand em the keys it may go to his head. Kid does have a cannon but above neck he may have a GPA of 2.0. I think he's hit ceiling and this is what you get. He'll beat the has beens in SEC but can he beat a Bama, GA etc on reading defenses not so sure. Bobby Hill should send him to a QB camp or fly a pro QB in who can teach him some things. I believe Vol Nation will be muttering watching him under center. Just my opinion.