Countdown To Christmas!

SavageOrangeJug

Tennessee confirms Hendon Hooker suffered torn ACL

This absolutely sucks. :shakehead:

Tennessee’s miserable loss at South Carolina on Saturday night was marred by the sight of star quarterback Hendon Hooker crumpling to the turf in pain after suffering a non-contact left knee injury in the fourth quarter. After further evaluation, the news is as bad as the Vols feared in the immediate aftermath – Hooker, a player so vital to Tennessee’s turnaround under Josh Heupel, suffered a torn ACL, Tennessee announced on Sunday evening. It’s a sobering and unfair end to a brief-but-brilliant career with the Vols for Hooker, a super senior who transferred to Tennessee from Virginia Tech after the 2020 season.

Tennessee confirms Hendon Hooker suffered torn ACL in South Carolina loss (247sports.com)

I knew it last night. As someone who suffered ACL, MCL tears I knew he was done. So sad. Reminds me of Jerry Colquitt injury. 

It sucks. I'm thankful for HH's presence this year and wish him the very best future in his career. Our backup QB tosses 70 yd bombs with ease, so we'll be ok overall..

Hooker made watching Tennessee football fun again.  I hope he has a speedy recovery and does well in the NFL.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, RobVOL said:

I knew it last night. As someone who suffered ACL, MCL tears I knew he was done. So sad. Reminds me of Jerry Colquitt injury. 

Well, if you remember Jacksonville in Jan. 2020. I showed up in a full leg brace. I tore the ACL, the meniscus, and the LCL all in one quick lick. My leg would support no weight. "I could see your leg flopping in your pants leg" was the comment of one of the people who loaded me a van for a trip to the hospital.

I have a cadaver graft (dead man ligament) for an ACL. They fixed the meniscus and LCL as best they could and removed some damaged cartilage. I had the standard two sessions of one hour of physical therapy per week. I am as close to normal as I will ever be. The knee still blows up occasionally, but I came back better than I thought. I can bend, run, jump and climb. I was 60 years old when I got hurt.

When I saw him walking I had hope that is was a sprained knee or hyperextension. It still have hope since he could actually walk on the leg. That means the rest of the knee is probably undamaged. This is fantastic news.

Hendon Hooker is 25 years old. He will receive top quality care. He will get 6-8 hours of physical therapy per day. He will get hydro-therapy. They can make him as good as new. The main thing being 25 years old. You heal at that age. I offer Nick Chubb as evidence. 

The fact he was able to bear some weight, any weight, on that leg. Gives me great relief. He can recover fully. The knee wasn't completely destroyed.