Countdown To Christmas!

SavageOrangeJug

We either do something about this defense...

...or I welcome Heupel's departure for Oklahoma or the NFL.

This is bullshit. SC averaging 8.6 yards per play well into the 4th quarter. 

Yes, hopefully White will quietly start enquiring about a DC, and a safeties guy.  We cannot hang with the big boys with a defense this pathetic.  Not today, not tomorrow, not ever.  Pay them out, kiss them good bye.  Hire some guys that know how a defense should operate.

My original assessment was true, Tennessee is like the old WAC conference teams. Looks good in stats but never tells the whole story. I expected exposure but nothing like last night. Wow. 

This was the game, that we all at one time have wanted to see. It was just played against us...

A football team plays like they don't have anything to lose is a dangerous thing. Wins the TOP thing, (39 minutes/21), and runs amok with trick plays, and a qb that gets more confident as the game goes on. 

What? The Gamecock offense must have lined up Wildcat a dozen times. And a double reverse with pass to a wide open Rattler for TD? When have we seen SoCaro run plays like that?

They tinkered with gadgets for the entire game.  We weren't prepared for that 'chit. 

51 minutes ago, okfloray said:

We weren't prepared for that 'chit.

Top 5 teams should be though

2 hours ago, RobVOL said:

Top 5 teams should be though

The best you can hope for is disruption. 

8.6 yards per play well into the 4th quarter. 

Two years into the program this is unacceptable. This is sheer incompetence on the part of the defensive staff. This is incompetence on the HC for allowing his defensive staff to perform this bad.

Heupel better fix this at the end of the year. I fully expect to see some staff changes. 

I expect to see none of our DB's getting called up by the NFL at the end of the season.

Senior Bowl? Sheeit... No way.

These slow-poke's were giving Gamecock recievers 10 yds of cushion. It's no wonder every other play was come-back routes.