Countdown To Christmas!

Ozonedrifter

Chins up. Vols control their destiny.

The Vols got a taste of reality yesterday. We’re ranked 5 in the polls and 2 & 3 (OSU and Michigan) must play each other. If we play the next 3 games like we played the first 8, we’ll be in the play offs for a National Championship. 

In the end, if we deserve it, we’ll win it. If not, we will at least have improved our recruiting possibilities. The future is bright (orange). 

• Like 1

Going to need to run up the score on the next 3 games.  Oregon is just a few points behind us, even though they gave GA much less of a game than we did.The bias may be in to put w western team in and avoid a 2 SEC team playoff.

Oregon needs to worry about Washington this Saturday. :mf_popcorn:

Utah and Oregon state after that.  Both ranked.  

And we need Georgia to win the SECCG. 

In the way of silver linings, th'Vols could make the playoffs at large, without playing that extra game.  

I'm thinking it all comes down to how they rank the loser of OSt/UM. 

WWW.NCAA.COM

Week 11's College Football Playoff rankings will be revealed at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, Nov. 8. Here's how the top 25 could look.
Read more  

I don't want to face Georgia again.  They are proof positive that better linebackers, better safeties, and better corners, (with better star ratings) will just about render any other team that just happens to be short on depth in anyone of those defensive groups-- inert.  I don't think there's a team anywhere in the top 10 this year that stands a chance really.  We should win out barring any stupid mistakes.  Missouri, SC, and Vandy are all beatable teams.

• Like 1

On 11/6/2022 at 4:33 PM, Ozonedrifter said:

The Vols got a taste of reality yesterday. We’re ranked 5 in the polls and 2 & 3 (OSU and Michigan) must play each other. If we play the next 3 games like we played the first 8, we’ll be in the play offs for a National Championship. 

In the end, if we deserve it, we’ll win it. If not, we will at least have improved our recruiting possibilities. The future is bright (orange). 

The Vols got exposed yesterday.  Heupel said after the game that "We've got some things we've got to clean up."  Uhhh, no you've got some things you've got to build.  If our secondary was chocked full of 5-stars we would have not have let goofy-assed Stetson Bennett throw 30 & 40 yard bombs on us with a 5 yard cushion.  We have a need for speed.  I love the team, I love what they've done.  I love what we're building, but we can't expect to beat elite teams without elite players.

It's all going to come down to how they rank the loser of OhioSt and Michigan. 

I think TCU, Oregon, and one of the 2 Big 10 schools ahead of us all have a loss coming.  Barring a melt down we will be in at #3 and only rematch Georgia in the championship game.

• Like 1