RobVOL

Tennessee defeats West side Akron high school 63-6

8014259602_d19f8f30f2.jpg

Seriously great to see another win but boy some scary stuff happened. Some nice stuff happened like that flick of the wrist 70 yard bomb in the second half. Glad other receivers got reps but geez Heupel keeps doing some things that I just don't get. When your up by 20+ points, 3 POINTS IS ENOUGH!!!. If anything let your kicker get some in game practice reps. A couple of these 4th down go for it's when not needed resulted in injuries to players. Still, it's a nice win. Get ready for the hype train. It's coming. Should be fun next weekend.    This won't be an automatic win though. Hope Tennessee stays focused.

247SPORTS.COM

Tennessee continues its 2022 season tonight against Akron, and GoVols247 is live at Neyland Stadium to provide updates of all the action before, during and after the game.
Read more  

Yes Bobby Hills play calling a head scratcher for sure. Hope the W doesn't go to their head. Could be deflating if they get their butt kicked next week

But that frigging Milton pass was awesome!!! He may not be accurate but what a gun...

I was thinking more like Steve McNair.   

That man had a gun 

RIP

I don't care what anyone thinks at this point. The only quality win is against Pitt. Florida doesn't look like Florida of old but I am not counting this as a win. It is an SEC game and this school has own the Vols forever. People need to happy yes but pump the breaks a little. They blow out UF then maybe we start talking a little. And YES for GODS SAKES WHEN YOURE UP BY 30 you dont need to go got it on 4th down...:dashing:

Still I hope this happens this weekend.................:utfl::1sm258fight:

What's up with all the fighting?

:ranting:

Your 40 points ahead. Act like you've been there before, sheesh...

Just now, okfloray said:

What's up with all the fighting?

:ranting:

Your 40 points ahead. Act like you've been there before, sheesh...

Totally agree

Well, after reading around a little bit the concensus view is that the fighting was in response to the Zips taking cheap shots and assorted thuggery throughout the entire game. Mostly unnoticed, and certainly unresolved by the officiating. Now, that's no excuse, but it does become understandable. 

Th'Vols took a commanding lead into the lockerroom at halftime. Went into substitution shortly after the 3rd qtr started, and the offensive playcalling reflected that. After realizing the refs were blind-eyeing what Akron players were seemingly coached to do, Heuple turned the dogs loose again, and started calling more aggressive plays to run the score up. 

The Zips head coach is the same Joe Moorehead who was fired by MsSt. In part because of the Bulldogs starting a bench clearing brawl at the end of the 2019 Egg Bowl. A game they won, BTW.. In part to several other off-field indiscretions including fighting among themselves at practice, and a losing record. 

Moorehead being willing to encourage thuggery from his players is a determination that I'm not ready to make. But the accusation is starting to follow him, and that's one way to develop a reputation.