Terrible situation. They better get some through JUCO/Portal and recruiting. I will say Hooker has done much better than I thought. Still Milton is TERRIBLE. The depth chart is terrible. Scary since Bailey is jumping ship. I cannot blame him though.

Agreed Rob.  I'm still remembering how UT treated Harrison Bailey.  I don't think we can offer a qb anything if

he's really good.

Dark situation going on there.  Don't see anybody doing anything about it.

• Like 1

I agree Rob, Bailey is too good to sit on the bench. Heupel never gave him a chance and at the start of the season he was hands down the best quarterback. Hooker was way behind Bailey in timing and accuracy, but Heupel made his choice and now Bailey is history. It’s going to be very interesting to see what happens next year. 

I know that UT rejected Harrison Bailey & we're supposed to go ahead full blast; but my fear is that after how we treated him; how are we going to 

get a 4-5 star QB after they have seen how we treated him - - how are we going to get one as good?  We already lost Ty Simpson( hope I got the name correct) out of Westview.  Wonder why?  How 'bout Arch manning?  Probably not a chance.  This must be solved before we can continue our trip back to the elite.

Keyboard1

• Like 1

12 hours ago, KEYBOARD said:

I know that UT rejected Harrison Bailey & we're supposed to go ahead full blast; but my fear is that after how we treated him; how are we going to 

get a 4-5 star QB after they have seen how we treated him - - how are we going to get one as good?  We already lost Ty Simpson( hope I got the name correct) out of Westview.  Wonder why?  How 'bout Arch manning?  Probably not a chance.  This must be solved before we can continue our trip back to the elite.

Keyboard1

I've read enough of this crap.

Tennessee never lost Ty Simpson, that simply isn't the truth. We never lost Ty, because we never had him to lose. 38 offers and the only team he visited was Alabama. 

Here's his offer list and the record from his recruitment from 247 Sports. Look it over real good, and qualify how we "lost Ty Simpson". 

You are so right Keyboard, I can’t see any top recruit coming to Rocky Top, especially if they are aware of how Heupel treated Bailey. I just hope that Bailey has the opportunity to beat Heupel’s brains out in the next few years!

It is NOT just the QBs they have it is the TYPE of of QB they go after under this staff. I hate this offense. Great between the 20's and sucks in the redzone and time management. Reminds me of the old Oilers run and shoot. Great for highlights and sucks for championships. 

You are absolutely right Rocky Top, it’s big plays or nothing in this type of offense. It is very exciting when it’s working, but against a good defense it’s trouble. And the time management has been completely pathetic. Hopefully Heupel gets better in this area real soon. For a coach that is supposed to be a quarterback guru, it sure looks like he is out of his league or he is just way overrated. The misuse of Harrison Bailey is totally unacceptable. That in itself let’s me know that Heupel doesn’t know a good quarterback when he sees one.

Time management is terrible. I am sick sick of seeing them go for every 4th down when a punt and pinning the offense back into their territory is a fundamental Tennessee staple in it;s history. Special teams is part of the maxims. That has been forgotten. I have been quite clear, I HATE this frigging offense.

22 hours ago, okfloray said:

I've read enough of this crap.

Tennessee never lost Ty Simpson, that simply isn't the truth. We never lost Ty, because we never had him to lose. 38 offers and the only team he visited was Alabama. 

Here's his offer list and the record from his recruitment from 247 Sports. Look it over real good, and qualify how we "lost Ty Simpson". 

We didn't get him did we? Moderator?  I don't mention any kind of crap. I think you're the guilty party

• Like 1

Hey Keyboard, I think okfloray has a misconception of thinking he is in control of speech and thought process for this group. If he doesn’t like what we say in this group, he can always leave, right! 

10 hours ago, Pickle1 said:

Hey Keyboard, I think okfloray has a misconception of thinking he is in control of speech and thought process for this group. If he doesn’t like what we say in this group, he can always leave, right! 

I will be the first one to address this comment.

No matter what our join date says most of us have been here for nearly 20 years. My original join date was June 3, 2003. The person you are telling to leave, okfloray, has been here approximately the same length of time.

For many, many years. Over a decade. There were only six to eight of us bouncing around in this forum. Rob kept it open and we formed a core group that stayed after everyone else left. Nearly all of the core group have met each other in person. We have attended games and tailgated together.

I can assure you, okfloray will not be going anywhere anytime soon. He won't be leaving until Rob shuts the place down, or they put a toe tag on his old ass (we're actually the same age, but I'm a lot better looking than him).

Around here you're not censored and I can't remember the last time somebody got banned. However, we do stick up for our own. 

You have mistaken okfloray's blunt opinions for thinking he owns the conversation. Nope! That's just the way it is around here. Blunt, honest opinions. No feelings are spared. Get used to it if you're going to hang around here.

• Thanks 1

OMG I just realized..  :yikes:

We've become a bunch of old, cranky, vol fan "spit and whittler's"

Oh My God Reaction GIF

Ay ken say that there y'all cannot take ol okfl too seriously.  He is an awful old fart like us.  Still, he is like an awful old war hawse ayn' we love him.  Weez right truthful with our opinions so just take it with ayy grayn ayy salt around here.  As awful long as we isn't cussing each othuurr we allow ever'one ta have an opinion around here.  We aint woke folk lol

The above was translated into ol OKFL speak typing :bouncesmile:

Thems T-Bonics...  :mices_blah:

I can feel a passel of'em coming on.

• Like 1

On 11/18/2021 at 9:29 PM, Pickle1 said:

I'd like to second everything Savage has previously said. Well, except for one thing. But I digress...

Now, I'll address the above comment. 

Claims are significant, more so than comments. I have the habit of calling upon someone to explain their reasoning after they make a claim. Sometimes I'm nicer about it than others. When someone disclaims their comments by saying "I think" or "it appears" that's fine. I'm only here because of blah, :mices_blah: but sometimes I enjoy the thoughts of others.

On the other hand, someone needs to be cautious when making truth claims. Because then the burden of proof falls upon the claimant. In that regard, I don't get to decide what the rules are. Also, caution in regard to passing their thoughts off as facts. Because just like Savage said, I'm not going anywhere. To their credit the members of Voltalk have endured me for a long time, and so will you. Or not...

45 minutes ago, okfloray said:

I'd like to second everything Savage has previously said. Well, except for one thing. But I digress...

Did I get your join date wrong? :4_6_2v[1]:

Nope, the thing about better looking. If life was fair I'd have been born rich instead of so damn pretty. 

Between the 20's it is the greatest performance on turf... We should resurrect Jack Pardee and mouse davis and put them on staff. :shakehead:

But yes congrats for bowl eligibility. I cannot wait for the Poulan Weed wacker toilet scrubbing bowl to be announced. Should be a fun game. Still it is better than last year and that is the truth.