SavageOrangeJug

I've about gotten a belly full of UT's bullshit

I've been a donor and season ticket holder for 30 years. When they have special event games. I travel. Bowl games. I'm there. Cut stadium attendance to 25% while sending me emails asking me to join a BLM march. I still let them keep the donation.

They are installing more "premium seating".  I will be losing my seats that it took me years to get. Why? So corporate donors can have more tickets to hand out to their clients.

When they built the Club and Terrace sections. The people who lost their seats were the people who had sat there for 30-50 years. For years you could look up at the Club seats and half would be empty. Even for the big games they would be nearly bare. They finally sold enough to corporate donors to fill them. Half the people sitting in them are only there because they are somebody's corporate client and got a freebie.

When they take these seats from me. After a lifetime of loyalty to UT. After giving them money year after year. 

They have said, "we will try to keep you in the same section". BULLSHIT! Just like they did those people that lost their seats after 50 years.

When I lose these seats. The University of Tennessee can kiss my ass. I will cut them and college football out of my life just as I have the NFL.

Fed f**king up with their disloyalty and greed. Disloyal, greedy sons of bitches.

• Like 1

I actually heard Finebaum talking about this with schools and live events may be antiquated within 20 years and I agree. Why face the hassle? Hell, you can get a quality 85" LED TV for under 2 Grand now. Add a decent home theater and why on Earth go deal with traffic and high rates and screw jobs by the administration? I've gotten to the point that staying at home is much more fun. 

Screw em if they keep doing this crap. 

I'm going along with Rob on this one. Too many empty seats, UT makes no money on unsold tickets. I mean, I ain't happy about it. But those new seats are only yours because somebody else gave them up. 

Shoping malls, movie theaters, closing up and locking the door on a daily basis. Almost any public entertainment venue will either diversify or soon be a thing of the past. Why bother going out to eat when Grub Hub will deliver to your front door? 

I'm going to park at a friend's house Saturday morning, and we're Ubering right up to the stadium on PF drive. One phone call after the game gets us a ride back. Easy pleasy, lemon squeezy. 

1 hour ago, okfloray said:

I'm going along with Rob on this one. Too many empty seats, UT makes no money on unsold tickets. I mean, I ain't happy about it. But those new seats are only yours because somebody else gave them up. 

I have had my seats several years. I got them through an inside connection in the ticket office. She has since passed away.

They are running the fans out of Neyland. Do you know why the stadium is empty? Look at the product they have put on the field for the past 18 years.

The inbreeds in Tuscaloosa have a packed house every week. Why? They spend the money to put a quality product out.

Unfortunately I had to sell my tickets this week. I have had the Covid battle from Hell this week. Caught from Vaxxers who were "fully protected". One them got very sick. So much for their vaccine.  Next idiot I hear say, "I got vaccinated to protect others" is getting hit in the mouth. Not even joking. 

By the way, those corporate donors? They don't travel well. I do. Hell, you guys have seen me all over Florida yourselves. 

4 hours ago, RobVOL said:

Hell, you can get a quality 85" LED TV for under 2 Grand now.

I have spent that much in donations and tickets before I ever leave the house.  I'm about to get on board with that plan.