Bigarnj1

Nobody Asked Me, But....

...Defense and special teams get high marks from me. Offense, QB play in particular, get low marks from me.

Milton has wheels and an absolute cannon arm that could probably throw the length of the field, but horrendously over-throws his intended target, and he has no concept of pocket mobility until there's a defender about to snuff him. Herndon's play was better in both of those regards, but he also threw the pick that pretty much ended our hopes of at least a tie. (EDIT) I cant pass much judgment on our receivers. With the incompletions and uncatchable throws they didnt do much but run routes. However on the relatively few occasions of a completion they played well. Our RBs are all pretty good, but the better ones need to get healthy soon.

Special teams gets high marks for the blocked punt of course, and steady, reliable play all day. 

On Defense, Jeremy Banks, Tyler Baron, and Theo Jackson were all over the place and doing a great job. 

Just my .02.....

That's a fair statement and observation. Still I get that same old feeling we have settled on a shit coach and shit staff and I am tired of this. These kids deserve more and our fans deserve more. I am so over it to be honest. Your assessment though is accurate. There is some talent on this team just crap staff that cannot develop it correctly.

Nope, don't like Milton.

Overthrew every long pass, and the short passes come out like they've been shot out of a cannon. Touch passing eludes this guy, he just ain't got it. It looks like he reads the deep routes first, and only throws short when he's being pressed. Then, when the ball comes out too hot to handle. And as if that wasn't enough, he's not impressed me as a running QB either. The dudes slow, non-elusive, and for a big strong guy he doesn't even try to break tackles. Josh Dobbs would run circles around Milton, whoever made that comparison needs to STFU. 

Now that I've seen Hooker I think we should go foreward with him. He might not throw the ball "Over them mountains" but at least he throws balls that somebody can catch. And as if that wasn't enough, unlike Milton he's got some twitch when he pulls the ball down and runs. All around, and for now at least, Hooker should be our QB. From what I've seen I have no faith in Milton. He's had his chance, he ain't the guy. I suspected it already, but now I'm convinced that what we see is who Joe Milton is. He's peaked, his projection as a QB has reached it's conclusion, and it's all we're ever going to get out of him.

Thanks Joe, appriciate it buddy. But we need to do something else now.

But don't get me wrong, It's not entirely Milton's fault we lost this ballgame. Plenty of mistakes to go around, and it took too long to make the right adjustments. The defense was able to give the ball back to the offense twice in the 4th qtr, we had our chances. And I'm not even gonna try to speak for whats going on inside Josh Heupel's head. And I don't want to say we would have won. But I do think we would have had a better chance of winning if Hooker had played the entire game. 

Now I'm gonna say this right here. Th'Vols were in this game the whole way. They overcame their mistakes, fell behind by two touchdowns late, and were making their way back with a genuine chance to force overtime at the end. Things didn't work out, but over the last few years that Tennessee team would have folded like a tent falling behind by two TD's going into the 4th qtr. The interception killed us, but until then those boys were playing like they were going down there and giving themselves a chance to win. And that takes willpower, sorely missing in this football team for the last several years. 

They didn't quit, and until they do I ain't quitting either. 

• Like 1

I see some talent but undisclipined and stupid penalties and guys watching too much WWE rastling on tackling. Need a coach at top and it will trickle down.

• Like 1

Game on the lines. 4th and 8 inches.

Let's line up in the shotgun and make it 4th and 5 yards.

That one play told me everything I need to know about Heupel and this staff...and it ain't good. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SavageOrangeJug said:

Game on the lines. 4th and 8 inches.

Let's line up in the shotgun and make it 4th and 5 yards.

That one play told me everything I need to know about Heupel and this staff...and it ain't good. 

Heupel called that play "a miscommunication"...  :4_6_2v[1]:

Anyway, it's crazy. I remember Butch Jones doing the same thing, same result.

:4_11_5[1]:   I wonder if the play chart's raised it's ugly head again...

• Like 1