RobVOL

You wanna see good coaching?

Watch Arkansas tonight. I have to agree with Savage on this one. Sam Pittman is quietly becoming one of the best in the country. Tennessee back in the day could have had him. Instead we got lying Lyle and doofus Dooley. I'm so sick of the Tennessee athletic administration. They make me sick. 

12 minutes ago, RobVOL said:

Sam Pittman is quietly becoming one of the best in the country. Tennessee back in the day could have had him. 

Gary Patterson who has been winning 10 games a year at TCU forever thought he had the job.

Brian Kelly who has taken ND back into the top tier showed up for his interview wearing an orange tie.

Hamilton hires Lane F****** Kiffin. :shakehead:

The Kiffin debacle got the NCAA sniffing around and exposed Hamilton as a stooge. We were a pariah to top shelf coaches after that, and NOTHING has been done to change that perception. 

Hammy was a fundie, and wasn't ever going to hire anybody that he thought might question his authority. That was his entire issue with Fulmer.  Kiffen was supposed to be his yes man, but that didn't work out the way Hamilton wanted it to. 

You will not see good coaching if you are watching the vols. I think Butch was much better than what we have now. Heck, I would rather have Dooley than this dumb ass Heupel, he is absolutely pathetic!

39 minutes ago, cowhampshirevol said:

Wait till the SEC games this team is going to get trucked.

Exactly. And the SEC East has gotten better except Candy Vandy. Kentucky is much better with that new QB and Missouri looks good as well. Tennessee finishes only above Vandy in my opinion. 

5 hours ago, Pickle1 said:

You will not see good coaching if you are watching the vols. I think Butch was much better than what we have now. 

Yes, Butch was a MUCH better recruiter. Had Butch hired competent assitants and gotten out of their way. He would have been a winner.

Heck, I would rather have Dooley than this dumb ass Heupel, he is absolutely pathetic!

NO! Dooley couldn't and actually wouldn't recruit. He also could nor coach. Quite possibly the worst coaching ever made in the SEC. 

21 hours ago, RobVOL said:

Exactly. And the SEC East has gotten better except Candy Vandy. Kentucky is much better with that new QB and Missouri looks good as well. Tennessee finishes only above Vandy in my opinion. 

I totally agree, I doubt that we can beat South Carolina. I can’t see the vols winning more than 3 games at this point.

On 9/12/2021 at 1:46 PM, RobVOL said:

Missouri looks good as well.

Must have had my Stevie Wonder glasses on when I posted this :fumeur:

1 hour ago, RobVOL said:

Must have had my Stevie Wonder glasses on when I posted this :fumeur:

It's like having VolTalk's very own Paul Finebaum.  :mf_popcorn:

Ya'll been acting like a bunch of candyass. :saywhat:

I've never seen a football team prepared to win, or go in expecting to win, more than Tennesse yesterday vs Missouri. 

On Tennessee's first possession, Mizzou lined up in a new defense. They must have practiced it all week, a big part of the Tigers game plan. ThVols seen it, tweaked the offense on the fly, and for the rest of the game Mizzou's new defense looked like somebody sewed up a hogs ass with barbed wire.  

Tennessee's game plan was to win the game on the ground. They passed the ball just enough, not only to open up the running game, but to keep it that way for the entire 60 minutes. Now I've seen it, thVols want to run that mesh concept. I don't remember seeing it yesterday, but I'm sure as heck pissed off because more than once I seen it wide open yesterday. I reckon they've shelved mesh for now, until somebody can figure out how to catch a ball and run a drag route at the same time. I'll bet they ain't gave up on it. One of my all time favorite VFL's, ol' Hard Hittin' Jason Whitten used to run that delayed drag route, leave a trail of opposing defenders laying on the ground behind him, and nothing but green grass in front of him. Mizzou's entire defense chased after our WR's, there wasn't a coverage linebacker within 25 yds of the LOS. So what I'm looking to happen next is UT's offense becoming able to take advantage of 25 open yards of undefended field, or get a linebacker/wide receiver mismatch in single coverage on the delayed drag route. Either way, that guys gonna be wide open and run away, or the defense will have to commit guys to defend it. Myself, I like the sound of both. Then we be livin' in their head rent free. :ohyeah:

Now I'll admit, I didn't know what to expect out of Josh Heupel. I didn't know what to expect out of thVols the day they opened the season. But if this is it, or even better, a peek at what they're aspiring to make out of themselves, then I'm bought in. CJH and this football team cause me to extend confidence that I haven't had since Fulmer's glory days. If thVols had a full roster instead of a bunch of guys who were worn out, we'd have kicked Florida's ass before Kentucky ever had the chance to. While I'm at it, winning that game took a lot out of the Gators. They looked like Granny's Ghost against Kenslacky. I don't know who they play next, but wouldn't be surprised if Florida looses that game too. Now while I'm feeling all a-fluttered, it's not just Heupel. Tim Banks, Rodney Garner, Mike Ekeler, Willy Martinez, Alex Golesh, and Brian Jean-Mary (cool name). Man, I know I've left somebody out, but I'm thinking all these guys want the same things I do. CJH has the best frickin' staff we've had for longer than I feel good talking about. I can't think of a position on the field where I haven't seen more intensity and winning attitude than I've seen in years. They're complementary as hell. The dline is disruptive, everybody's gang tackling, and the DB's are ballhawks. A great runner, maybe not the fastest guy, but Evans just gashed Mizzou's defense.That means blocking at the LOS. Somebody made 'the block' that sprung Evans into space where he could do the rest on his own. More than once, and all that that means something one year after watching these same guys dragging their feet thru mud every time I watched a ball game. One of the best things I seen yesterday, the first players that went into rotation were offensive lineman. For the rest of the game, PT. :dancing_banana:  I feel real good about that, proud of them boys. In fact I feel so good about that I'm gonna put my money where my mouth is. To honor our back-up offensive linemen, I'm leaving here right now and going to buy myself a brand new Tennesse shirt. A really nice one too, vintage. 

Kiffin, ugh. :tongue1:... :pluck:

Jones, I thought he had some potential, and he damn sure beat Florida and Georgia in the same year. Yeah, Josh Dobbs, Kamara and Jennings. But you can't not give Butch a lot of credit, not me anyway... Confident tho? That's a negative Ghost Rider. Maybe by now if he stayed longer. 

I won't mention any of the pretenders since CPF. Or WTF anybody wants to call the rest of the flat-lined buttplugs we had that called themselves head coaches. I'd really rather not,  :smiley_watchout: dammit I'm trying to forget. 

We were the underdogs going into the Mizzou game, Vegas lost their ass. I'll go ahead and say thVols won a statement game. On the road, in CJH's first year as head coach, Tennessee served notice on the SEC that we're not going to be tied to your whipping post anymore. Anyone else besides the SEC, I fart in their general direction. Who cares, I wouldn't give a microscopic speck of doodoo for what they think. I want to win the SEC Championship, the best of the best by every objective measurement. That's what I'm talking about... At this rate, and with a little luck, I don't have any problem with thinking we could be knocking on that door in three yrs. And we get to watch it happen.

:Tennrules: It's great, to be, a Tennessee Vol..!

We are getting a bit ahead of ourselves and I'm going to pump the brakes. Tenn always pulls one out of their butts and play great and people have a rise in their shorts. Give me continued dominance over the Flas and GAS and I will buy in. In 3 years we could be on 2 other head coaches for Pete's sake.

17 minutes ago, cowhampshirevol said:

We are getting a bit ahead of ourselves and I'm going to pump the brakes. Tenn always pulls one out of their butts and play great and people have a rise in their shorts. 

Then it should be easy for you to tell me when was the last time that happened. 

Even a blind hog finds a few acorns. That's what happened when thVols beat Auburn a couple years ago. Sure as sheit stinks they didn't win because they were the better team, or, the better coached team. But we were against Mizzou yesterday, in every way you can mention. And every game so far this year has led up to it. 

I'm pumping the brakes too. Sheesh Missouri has one of the worst defenses in CFB. 

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Seems like this happens every other year. 

I think we all can agree that it was good to get an sec win, but mizzu was as flat as a pancake. I think vandy could have beaten them. I just hope our beloved vols can keep this intensity up against the better teams that we are going to face in the next few weeks.

I ain't pumping jack shat. I did that a few weeks ago, we're ready to stand up on the gas pedal now. The only thing working against thVols is not having a full roster, and not being able to do anything about it. 

I'm not saying we're ready to play Bama ball, and I'll go on the record with that much. Things being the way they are right now tho, ol'Miss better bring their A game. SoCaro is next in Neyland. The house is gonna be rocking, and I've got tickets. I'll bet anybody here a pina collada the Gamecock's woke up this morning not looking forward to practice next week.

glad to see you are being optimistic but I have a feeling you will be needing some pepto or castor by November. :smiley_dizzy:

GIF by The Woods & Co

• Haha 1

Fired their dline coach in the middle of the season. 

:shakehead:   That sounds like something conehead Pruitt would do...

• Like 1