Maybe I'm not seeing things like the rest of the country because I live n Free America. When I heard Dementia Joe say if we behave we can get together in small groups by July 4 I said huh?

“You can live like a human being,” Mr. DeSantis said. “You aren’t locked down. People aren’t miserable.” President Biden’s new hope of getting Americans together to celebrate with their families on the Fourth of July? “We’ve been doing that for over a year in Florida,” the governor boasted.

DNYUZ.COM

MIAMI — Other than New York, no big city in the United States has been struggling with more coronavirus cases

We’ve been free in Florida for over 9 months. Screw Biden and the rest of the country. I’m happy where I am. Never thought I’d take Florida over Tennessee. Right now, yes I would. Funny how things change. 

So, do y'all think DeSantis might be nominated for POTUS in '25?

If he is I'll bet he beats Trump out of the nomination... 

Actually allot of people hope it's a trump/desantis ticket. Another would be desantis/noem. I'd like either way

DeSantis is up for governor re-election in 22.  A lot of people are saying the Orange county mayor will run against him.  He is a wanna be dictator and sounds dumb as a box of rocks.  Just look him up.  Anyways, I like Trump but I think it would be hard for him to win.  Dementia Joe won't run in 2024.  The D's didn't want him in 2020 but I think when they saw Bernie was going to get the nomination they made a deal where Joe would get the nom but someone else would call all the shots, probably Chuckey and Nancy. Both DeSantis and Noem default to freedom so I would be happy with either one of them.  

Then of course there is this.  Would America vote for a failed actress who wanted to kill herself?

PAGESIX.COM

The Duchess of Sussex previously told friends about her political ambitions.

I don't like Trump. I won't vote for him if he runs again. I disapprove of his ways, his words, and his wife. His disregard of dignified mannerisms isn't presidential in my opinion.

But It's more than that. I travel for work, and for the better part of the year live in my camper. Since Trump was elected I've worked/lived in Augusta Ga, Ten Mile Tn, (twice) Birmingham Ala, Bloomington Ill, Tuscaloosa Ala, and have been in Huntsville Ala for two months now.

I used to be able to claim head of two households on my federal taxes, which entitled me to a considerable credit that took the place of per diem that covered my work related expenses. Not any more. Trump passed a bill, now I can now longer claim that status. Neither can I claim my expenses, it all comes out of my pocket now. I've done the math, Trump took no less than $25,000 annual income out of my pocket with a casual stroke of a pen. Over 4 years of his term, that's $100,000 that I won't ever see again. Now I stand to lose another $100,000 by the time Biden's term is over, and probably every 4 years for the rest of my career. That's reality.

My plans were to retire in a few years at the age of 65. That's the goal I was working toward, and my tax returns were my retirement savings. The entire paradigm has shifted in a negative direction. Now I don't know if I'll ever be able to retire and feel good about it. If I've worked for all these years just to retire off of social security, my pension and 401k, I might as well do that now before they get their hands on it. I dare to say, as you read this if it was you instead of me, you'd be pissed off too. It's hard not to take it personally when the future you've prepared for yourself is snatched out from in front of you.

However, having said all that I am on board with most of Trumps policy's and the general way he wanted to run the country. These liberals and their policies and the dead-end future they want for America sickens me. The voter turnout in favor of Trump has opened a lot of eyes in terms of what a lot of Americans are willing to stand up and be counted for. At the same time I believe that the liberals are going to keep pushing their out of control radical agenda until they end up shitting the bed in an impressive manner. If I manage to live through it, I'm hopeful that there's something like a better version of Trump out there. And for now, I believe DeSantis could be the one. 

I actually like trump for being kind of rude and out there. He pushed buttons for a reason. People have met him say he’s totally different in private. He does it for a reason. I like you don’t agree with everything he’s done though. Sounds like one of his policies greatly affected you. Sorry to hear that. I enjoyed financial stability under his administration. But hey, we all are impacted differently. I get that. But there’s no way 80 million people voted for this idiot Biden. The fact they got away with that makes me sick. The far left will kill this country. So anyone on the right gets my vote. I do truly like Desantis. If he runs, he’s got my vote. 

On another note, I'm a long term union member. The unions advocated for Biden, a lot of people I know and work with voted for him. But they'll be more careful next time because to show his gratitude, the first thing Biden done was put thousands of union members out of a job by shutting down the Keystone Pipeline. The first thing he done. Which means the whole time the unions were swaying votes in his favor, Biden already had plans to put those guys in the unemployment line.

And I'll tell ya, since this covid thing a lot of big jobs have been postponed, if not cancelled for the foreseeable future. So the prospects of long term jobs that were already few, are even fewer now. So I doubt that a lot of people from the pipeline have found work for themselves. 

But maybe as more and more states open up that will change, and people can go back to work. But you know what? The Dumbasscrats are opposed to states opening back up too. It'll be the red states opening up first, by 2025 people won't be forgotten that.

While the left are still patting themselves on the back for Dr Seuss Enterprises cancelling a few books, Republicans will be creating jobs and restoring households. 

Being a child of a Teamsters President at a local union, I get the Union vibe. Still, I have never been a Union supporter. In Florida we are right to work state. I have never needed union support here. I do understand in certain states it helps but in Florida we dont need unions. Capitalism works well here thank you very much.

I support anyone who gets out of bed and goes to work in the morning. 

End of thinking...

True dat

Rob, you disappoint me. You of all people should know better, but I'm not going to lecture.

Here's a list of 54 union halls in the Jacksonville area alone. 

UNIONHALL.AFLCIO.ORG

This is an incoplete list of the unions in North Central Florida. Please email us at jtattersall@flaflcio.org for any updates.
Read more  

I've seen the criminal side of unions. Not a fan. Just saying. I didn't mean there wasn't unions support in Florida. Just not a major force here. 

OK. But just so you know, there's a lot of non-union rhetoric going around. In 30 years I've never been threatened, never met any 'union thug'. What I have had for 30 years is excellent pay and benefits, plus representation that advocates me at the executive level. 

I've worked at Turkey Point, St. Lucie, and Crystal River nuclear power plants in Florida. Every time you flip on a light switch, say "Thank you Union Member"...

You're one of the fortunate ones. I could write a book just on the UPS strike back in 90s of crime and illegal activities.  I didn't say ALL unions were bad. I just don't prefer them. My opinion. 

Heck, we have a union hall down here in Port Orange that, until a few years ago, was also a voting precinct.  How is that not a conflict of interest?  

A voting precinct, or a polling station?

Because a polling station can be almost anywhere that doesn't sell alchohol.