RobVOL

Tennessee football’s National Signing Day surprisingly encouraging

If there’s one thing we can say, it’s that Tennessee football did not wrap up National Signing Day in 2021 with the same energy the class had last summer. The 3-7 season, the investigation and eventual firing of Jeremy Pruitt and the surprise hire of Josh Heupel was going to take its toll. A wave of decommitments naturally came from all that.

Given all those issues, it’s safe to say that UT’s National Signing Day for 2021 could have gone a lot worse. In fact, given how everything finished on paper, the Vols at least have a floor underneath their program entering Heupel’s first year.

Not everything was perfect. Losing Roc Taylor after pulling an offer created some drama earlier this week. However, things were largely smooth after that. Let’s but we’ll dive into what’s good and bad about the program related to its ecruiting class. These details will make things look more positive. Here are our five biggest storylines from Tennessee football’s National Signing Day.

Read on

ALLFORTENNESSEE.COM

If there's one thing we can say, it's that Tennessee football did not wrap up National Signing Day in 2021 with the same energy the class had last summer. ...

We are going to see a spread offense to allow the team to score some points. While it will look decent we all know this is mid tier college coaching. Expect a 6-6 team if you are lucky.

Considering that the NCAA very well could hammer Tennessee i'm happy with a #16 recruiting class!

Actually I am not sold on this crap. I will wait until Tennessee actually wins games. I still think this a Danny White sell job. Tennessee used to be one of the greatest college football teams in the country, Now, we are lucky if we win 7 games. Tennessee fans deserve better than middle tier college coaching. Tennessee fans should be pissed. For 10 years we have been sold a bill of goods. Better get this right quickly. I am not buying the Danny White stream. Better bring some wins quickly. 

13 minutes ago, RobVOL said:

Actually I am not sold on this crap. I will wait until Tennessee actually wins games. I still think this a Danny White sell job. Tennessee used to be one of the greatest college football teams in the country, Now, we are lucky if we win 7 games. Tennessee fans deserve better than middle tier college coaching. Tennessee fans should be pissed. For 10 years we have been sold a bill of goods. Better get this right quickly. I am not buying the Danny White stream. Better bring some wins quickly. 

I think Josh Heupel will be head coach for the long term at least six seasons which he will need to get Tennessee out of the NCAA quagmire. If Tennessee forces him out after 3 seasons the only head football coaches who would be interested in the job would be Dl,D2 or NAIA head football coaches. I think CJH was hired after most of the people on the potential Tennessee head football coach list turned Tennessee down flat.

James Franklin would have been hired if Tennessee wasn't cheap asses. Tennessee always hires cheap and then expects the fans to continue to pay and fill the stadium. We have no choice but support this guy but this is a garage sale hire just like Butch Jones and Dooley. Tennessee admins just keeps thinking they can just add another staff and the fans will keep paying for stadium tickets. Tennessee fans aren't that stupid anymore. This guy better win quick. Tennessee is on the line right now. They are about to lose the fan base. Another middle tier hire will only make them lose more interest. This staff better win soon or they will be lost on this fanbase.

Period

1 minute ago, RobVOL said:

James Franklin would have been hired if Tennessee wasn't cheap asses. Tennessee always hires cheap and then expects the fans to continue to pay and fill the stadium. We have no choice but support this guy but this is a garage sale hire just like Butch Jones and Dooley. Tennessee admins just keeps thinking they can just add another staff and the fans will keep paying for stadium tickets. Tennessee fans aren't that stupid anymore. This guy better win quick. Tennessee is on the line right now. They are about to lose the fan base. Another middle tier hire will only make them lose more interest. This staff better win soon or they will be lost on this fanbase.

Period

I totally agree. Tennessee fans have been screwed for over 10 plus years. Josh Heupel is a easy get for Tennessee since he is Danny White's boy. I am so sick and tired of Tennessee hiring middle tier crap hires. I will give Josh 6 weeks before I start calling for his ass to be fired. Again it is another half ass hire. Period. 

9 minutes ago, RobVOL said:

Period

I would have stopped watching Tennessee football if they hired former Vandy head coach Franklin who assisted Vanderbilt players in trying to cover up that rape situation before he left conveniently for Penn State.:rolleyes:

Ok. Thanks. That story was social media bs. James Franklin is a prick but a hell of a coach. I'd take him over this garage sale pos coach we got now. Keep believing. Tennessee admins sold us another bill of goods. 

Don't worry we'll have the spread offense screwing us again in just a few days. Lol

CJH is a 'Safe' hire. Read: Part of UT's way of imposing administrative control over the football program. 

Might as well come to terms with the idea that we're looking at possibly 3 years of NCAA sanctions. Scholarship reductions, post season, who knows? The point is, Tennessee just isn't an attractive job right now. The hiring issues reflect the condition we're in, and the short term future. 

James Franklin, thinking of him on the UT sideline makes me want to puke. But I can imagine his reluctance to leave Penn St. He's just got them out from under the most appaling, disgusting scandal in the history of college sports. Now he's got the chance to make something there. His future is laid out in front of him. The way I see it, under the shadow of the Sandusky scandal, all JF has to do is not screw up. And ultimatly, It's still Penn St. By any measure that ain't no slouch. In that regard what can UT offer JF that he doesn't already have? 

Okfl I agree. I hate Franklin. I'm just saying one of the winningest programs in college football history keeps hiring "projects". I'm tired of it. You cannot say it's because of possible sanctions. Tennessee hired crap for over a decade. There wasn't sanctions then. I'm just over it I guess. I'm not gonna sit here and blow sunshine up people's asses and say this is a great hire. It's not. Period. Maybe it is what it is and that's where Tennessee football is. A cellar dweller in the SEC. Sad where we've gotten too. 

2 hours ago, okfloray said:

CJH is a 'Safe' hire. Read: Part of UT's way of imposing administrative control over the football program. 

Might as well come to terms with the idea that we're looking at possibly 3 years of NCAA sanctions. Scholarship reductions, post season, who knows? The point is, Tennessee just isn't an attractive job right now. The hiring issues reflect the condition we're in, and the short term future. 

James Franklin, thinking of him on the UT sideline makes me want to puke. But I can imagine his reluctance to leave Penn St. He's just got them out from under the most appaling, disgusting scandal in the history of college sports. Now he's got the chance to make something there. His future is laid out in front of him. The way I see it, under the shadow of the Sandusky scandal, all JF has to do is not screw up. And ultimatly, It's still Penn St. By any measure that ain't no slouch. In that regard what can UT offer JF that he doesn't already have? 

Tennessee will probably be nailed hard by the NCAA in my opinion(Which probably means three seasons on NCAA Probation) so get used to Josh Heupel being head football coach at least six seasons.

If you think Josh will be the coach for 6 seasons, I have a piece of beach front property near Fort Loudon I want to share with you. :bouncesmile:

11 hours ago, RobVOL said:

If you think Josh will be the coach for 6 seasons, I have a piece of beach front property near Fort Loudon I want to share with you. :bouncesmile:

Then Tennessee will have to hire a D2,D3 or NAIA head coach because nobody else worth a sh*t will want the Tennessee head coaching job

Hell I bet there's some D3, NAIA coaches that could do better than 3-7...

I bet there's some that could get 6 wins. Which is about where I see this team the next few years anyways.