RobVOL

Clay Travis - take it for what it's worth

Hah! You've been voltalk fact checked lol :bouncesmile:

Just now, RobVOL said:

Hah! You've been voltalk fact checked lol :bouncesmile:

I'm wrong at least as often as I'm right. 

Should have looked it up, grrr... :th_poop:

It's like I always say "I'm never wrong, I'm just not always right" 

I'm not convinced that Chadwell would be a better hire than JH. In fact It seems peripheral. Also, I'm glad James Franklin didn't work out. He's about the last guy I ever want to see on the Vols sideline.

More so I wonder why Billy Napier and Matt Campbell weren't approached. Either of those would be a better hire IMO. If (big if) UT was actually ready to throw money at someone, especially in Campbell's case. 

I think the up-coming sanctions are going to be substantial, and for now the candidate pool has reflected that. The whole story hasn't been made public yet. But Pruitt and his staff have 'chit in our lunchbox, and while they skip off to elsewhere we'll still be here, cleaning it up for longer than anybody feels good about. 

24 minutes ago, okfloray said:

More so I wonder why Billy Napier and Matt Campbell weren't approached.

This is the one that bothers me. If they were I wasn't aware of it. I think Napier would have been a good choice. I like that guy. I still have this weird funny feeling this was a two for one deal and Danny White and UT admins knew this. It just smacks of the same BS we have seen over the past decade. I will reserve judgement until I see what is on the field. I can tell you I am on the fence on this one. Look, fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me, fool me a third time, You're a Tennessee fan. That is how I feel right now.

Tennessee has become the garage sales of flea markets for sports teams. It is sad. Danny White is no more than a primer for Tennessee fans to hang their shit on them. This whole hire and coach hire is BS!!!! Just watch. More Tennessee BS with no substance. Keep buying those season tickets you morons :whataredoin:

I don't remember but I bet I have not bought any Vols merchandise in 5 or 6 years.  I think the gator bowl vs Iowa was the last time. 2015?   I will still watch on TV but no merch or trips to games until they put a good product on the field.  

I haven't traveled to a game since the battle at Bristol. I did go the tax Slayer bowl but that isn't traveling for me. Most fun I had was after the game hanging with Al Wilson and John Henderson. As for merchandise I haven't bought anything since then. Don't plan on it until things get better either. But don't say anything negative. Danny White don't like that :censored:

Yeah, I was going to games when old Danny boy was just a twinkle in his dad's eye so if I see something negative I will say it.  But as always I will give his buddy, the new coach a chance to see what he can do.  To me, its not about wins and losses at first, just put an entertaining product on the field.  His offenses have scored a lot of points so we will see.