Atomic City

Sounds like it could be Josh Heupel

Could definitely be a smoke screen though guess we will know soon enough 

22 minutes ago, Atomic City said:

Sounds like its Josh Heupel

It better not be.

New AD better not play that bring my buddy along BS. 

We'll know tomorrow I think. 

10 hours ago, SavageOrangeJug said:

Once Scott Frost's players left he went 6-4.

We have to do better than this guy. 

And once Pruitt guys got here we went 3-7 lol

After the initial shock I don't mind it. Sure I would have liked to have a had a bigger name but the reality is with all the uncertainty moving forward and the administration's desire to have someone squeaky clean our options were prob pretty slim. I will say this it's been a long while since we had an exciting offense and I am really looking forward to that. If Plowman and Boyd are on board and the previous relationship between White and Heupel maybe we will all be moving in the right direction for once. I also think he shoukd be able to surround himself with a good possibly great staff so I'm slowly warming up to this hire if that is indeed what we are doing. Either way come September I'll be watching and cheering on these Vols

• Like 1

This is bullshit.

They talked all that crap about being serious about football. "We're going to hire a name P5 coach."

The only thing they were serious about was getting another coach on the cheap. UT will never be a powerhouse again as long as these same worthless cocksuckers are running the show up there.

Savage if you think somebody was coming here with sanctions looming and what they said they were gonna look for at the presser than I domt knlw what to tell you 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Atomic City said:

Savage if you think somebody was coming here with sanctions looming and what they said they were gonna look for at the presser than I domt knlw what to tell you 

you throw enough money at them. They will come. Tennessee simply doesn't want to spend any money.

That's bullshit. And there are not any coaches worth throwing the money at that fit what they said in the presser which was someone experience with no baggage. All the high price guys that may even sniff have baggage. They are trying to limit the hit they take from the NCAA. I've met you befjre and know you're smarter than to think that was realistic 

• Like 1

I think he will do all right.  Not aight.  I heard they were willing to spend between 5 and 8 million for a coach but this guy should not be making more than $4 mil per year. IMO.

I think most people will admit Pruitt was not getting the job done.  Heupel has a reputation for running a clean program, has some HC experience, and was 28-8 at UCF and even if you want to bring up 6-4 this past season, that is better than our 3-7.

1 hour ago, Atomic City said:

That's bullshit. And there are not any coaches worth throwing the money at that fit what they said in the presser which was someone experience with no baggage. All the high price guys that may even sniff have baggage. They are trying to limit the hit they take from the NCAA. I've met you befjre and know you're smarter than to think that was realistic.

I still feel like we had enough money to get any coach in America.

Trying to lessen to hit from the NCAA is one reason I knew that Hugh Freeze wasn't even in the conversation. That would have been like thumbing our nose at the NCAA.

My mother might have argued that smart enough comment with you.  Especially when I would go talking bad about her boy Fulmer. :laughing1:

Safe hire. :mices_blah: Clean resume, I guess that's easy to underestimate. 

Ya never know, the guy can coach offense. As coordinator JH led Mizzou to top 10 offense. Coached Sam Bradford at Oklahoma.

Overall I think we'll be in a better place in 3 yrs, especially if Heupel retains KS. 

2 hours ago, Atomic City said:

So who would you hire for more than 4 mil that's a tremendous hire? 

I've made my feelings known. I was ready to throw 12 million per year at somebody like Bob Stoops or Dabo.

I would have hired Gary Patterson at TCU. He wins 10 games a year at TCU. Imagine what he could do with our money and facilities.

We could have took a shot at luring Brian Kelley away from Notre Dame.

Rumor was UT was ready to spend 8 to 10 million on the couch. That turned out to be bullshit.