RobVOL

So now what? What's your wish list?

Well now we know Tennessee football is in the toilet. So your thoughts about a realistic wish list. Who are you looking for?

I'd like to see tee stay. Get rid of Weinke. Keep Steele at defensive Coordinator. Doug Marrone at offensive line coach. Hugh freeze as coach. Do I see it happening? No. Just throwing it out there. 

David Blackburn - AD

Bob Stoops or Dabo Swinney at $12 million per.

Dollar Store hires?

Mitch Barnhardt - AD

Mark Stoops as HC. Think what he could do with UT's resources. 

This is one we both agree on. Blackburn should have been AD all along. Good man and smart. Old school. 

Anyone who can establish a consistent 8-9 win team with a few 10+ seasons sprinkled in. I am not needing a national title team every year but damn can we at least get back to being competitive? I am so sick and tired of the past 10 years. Even the somewhat decent teams weren't good coaching. Take out the astronaut playing QB and what do you have? Crap!

I don't have a wish list per say. It could be Gomer Pyle or the waterboy from Prairie View A&M, I don't care but if things don't change soon this school is really going to lose it's fanbase. It is teetering on apathy now. :brow:

Blackburn has connections and respect locally in Knoxville. My brothers a friend of his. Terrific guy. He's old school East Tennessean. Would love to see him as AD. If they make another Haslem backed AD or coach, I'm done. Cannot take another half ass hire. 

Well I struck out on my wish list. First Blackburn and now guess who bama picked up as offensive line coach? Doug Marrone. Wow what a coincidence...:shakehead:

Doug Marrone would have been a great person for the offensive line. I hate that Bama got him. He probably would not have come anyway based on the trending where Tennessee is going. Still he did a good job while he was at Tennessee before as a O line coach,

Here's my wishlist. Even though I dont like the idea of a coordinator getting his first HC job at my school again, I wish that for now they'd go ahead make Kevin Steele the coach. Im thinking we'll have at least a 3 year bowl ban so sign him for 3 years. It gives the program an immediate resemblance of stability, and right now it would be very difficult to get a real "name" coach to come here anyway, 

FOOTBALLSCOOP.COM

A little more than a year ago, Minnesota coach P.J. Fleck might have been the hottest name in college football coaching circles. After all, Mr. Row The Boat had guided the previously downtrodden Gophers to an 11-2 season that included a stunning upset of Penn State and a season-ending win against No. 9 Auburn in […]
Read more  

I could go for PJ Fleck. Elliot, not so much, no more coordinators. Never know what you're getting with those guys...

I'm still Hugh freeze or bust. Screw the perceptions. Put compliance up his ass and let him coach em up. 

I'd rather Freeze too. But I think his baggage, plus the upcoming sanctions equals bad timing. One or the other, yeah not such a problem. But combined it's a deal breaker.

:4_11_5[1]:  I'd like to be wrong, but things being as they are I'll be suprised if UT even talks to Freeze. 

Kevin Steele is 9-36 as a HC. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! We don't need him.

PJ "row the boat" Fleck is a walking cliche who had one good year at Minnesota. Butch Jones 2.0

Freeze...WTF, people? We're in trouble now. We don't need a guy with his track record with the NCAA.

We need to offer a big name coach. Call Bob Stoops with $12 million per. Hell, go after Dabo. 

If we're going small...think Napier. 

forget hugh freeze for now. Hire him and let the compliance people shut the hell up.  would like a high freeze hire. .just saying