RobVOL

Wayna Morris is pretty much gone

The Tennessee football Volunteers have lost one of their top offensive lineman.

And just like that, one of the key recruits to be sold as a building block for Tennessee football under head coach Jeremy Pruitt is gone. When Wanya Morris entered the transfer portal earlier this week, there was always the possibility that he would return to Rocky Top.

After all, the same day he entered the portal, Shawn Shamburger had withdrawn from the portal. There was hope that Pruitt would be able to convince Morris, one of his top young players, to do the same thing.

It didn’t happen. Morris revealed a new top three Friday night, and none of them involved Tennessee football. The schools were the Oklahoma Sooners, Texas A&M Aggies and USC Trojans. He listed them on Twitter.

While this is a loss and I don't mean this as being in retaliation to his decision, I wish him the best but am I the only one that thought Tennessee QBs were still running for their lives this past season and actually he was slightly overrated? Regardless I wish him well.

I tend to agree. OL was highly touted but whomever we had at QB had their track shoes on. Still think punter was MVP. Team was a huge disappointment.

The Vols punted 49 times this yr, and were %30 on 3rd down. Gray and Chandler combined for only 1256 rushing yds, 1228 net. 

The last UT running back to gain 1000 yds in a season was Jalen Hurd, 2015.

Numbers seem to indicate exactly that assessment 

I wish Trey was staying... 

:nutkick[1]:

You and me both buddy. Lol