Jump to content
RobVOL

More traction on Pruitt and staff on slippery slope

Recommended Posts

More coming out. The blood is in the water

 

WWW.ESPN.COM

Tennessee officials haven't extended the contracts of assistant football coaches and have paused hiring coaches for vacancies as the Volunteers continue to investigate potential recruiting violations.
Read more  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe we'll get rid of him yet.

 

They have waited WAYYYYYYYY late to start this though.

 

Unless they have back channeled and have a coach lined up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is looking bad folks. I have to tell you though if Pruitt is let go then what? You better hope and pray they get someone like Freeze. If not, then get ready to accept the new coach as someone from Prairie View high school. Tennessee has fallen in so many ways, I cannot fathom how much worse this could get, Wanna make fun of Pruiit? Go ahead but watch this administration hire another Butch Jones or some other second hand wanna be. Sure fire Pruitt. Then what? I love how the Tennessee fan base keeps looking for a top flight coach when this school pays mid level payments. You get what you pay for. Period. I am about over it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RobVOL said:

This is looking bad folks. I have to tell you though if Pruitt is let go then what? You better hope and pray they get someone like Freeze. If not, then get ready to accept the new coach as someone from Prairie View high school. Tennessee has fallen in so many ways, I cannot fathom how much worse this could get, Wanna make fun of Pruiit? Go ahead but watch this administration hire another Butch Jones or some other second hand wanna be. Sure fire Pruitt. Then what? I love how the Tennessee fan base keeps looking for a top flight coach when this school pays mid level payments. You get what you pay for. Period. I am about over it.

 

Not Saint Fulmer...the savior of the program. I told everybody giving Fulmer the AD job was a HORRIBLE idea. He is the one that drove the program into the ditch. His ego will **** this up. 

 

Until we start paying $10-12 million per year. We'll get bottom tier coaches. We have not had an AD since Doug Dickey. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry you and I will never agree on Fulmer. Dickey liked him for a reason. We'll just disagree. But I agree on this. Need to pay money to get top tier coaches. Tennessee needs to stop paying Walmart salaries and expecting national title results. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, RobVOL said:

Sorry you and I will never agree on Fulmer. 

I'm used to it. My mother would get livid at me over Fulmer.  He could do no wrong. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tennessee would have never beaten Notre Dame in 91 without the screen pass call from Fulmer to Aaron Hayden. Many of you Fulmer haters seem to forget he's the guy that made Stewart, Garner, Hayden, Pickens, Harper, etc etc was because of Fulmer. He as offensive coordinator made majors look much better. Like I said, we'll never agree but let's give Fulmer more credit than what you're giving. Do I think he's gotten political? Yes I agree. This isn't about Fulmer. This is about Tennessee administration still selling their fans down the river. If Tennessee moves on from Pruitt, they better hire a home run. If not I think Tennessee fans will turn the channel. I'm close to doing that right now myself

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the university admin wants Pruitt out but don't want to pay the buy out.  Fulmer was a great coach for a time but in his last years production was dropping.  Living where I do, it really bothered me that he couldn't beat FL more often than he did.  Jury is still out on AD but so far he has hired Pruitt and gave him a raise and extension. I think Fulmer wants to keep him to prove he was right but the decision may be out of his hands. We should all agree that if they do make the change they better make sure it is the right hire.  And spend some money.     

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tennessee pays better than any other team in the country it's just coaches who are coaching elsewhere

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, RobVOL said:

Tennessee would have never beaten Notre Dame in 91 without the screen pass call from Fulmer to Aaron Hayden. Many of you Fulmer haters seem to forget he's the guy that made Stewart, Garner, Hayden, Pickens, Harper, etc etc was because of Fulmer. He as offensive coordinator made majors look much better. Like I said, we'll never agree but let's give Fulmer more credit than what you're giving. Do I think he's gotten political? Yes I agree. This isn't about Fulmer. This is about Tennessee administration still selling their fans down the river. If Tennessee moves on from Pruitt, they better hire a home run. If not I think Tennessee fans will turn the channel. I'm close to doing that right now myself

I don't hate Fulmer. On a personal level. He is a great guy.

 

I am mad at Fulmer. Why? He sat down us around 2003. He was more worried about his real estate and Logan's Roadhouse investments.

 

Now, let's get to the job he has done.

 

Fulmer was never a great game day coach. He was great recruiter. Maybe the best recruiter to ever stand on a sideline. Give Saban, Spurrier, Meyer, Stoops or a host of others the talent Fulmer had in the late 90s early 2000s? UT would have NCs in '97', '98, '99, and '01

 

That guy who called that play at Notre Dame? He is the same guy that called a draw play up the middle on first down.. 19 straight times on Alabama. NINETEEN! The crowd at Neyland began chanting, "draw play, draw play, draw play..." when we had a first down. I wonder how Alabama knew what was coming? He is also the guy that heard Steve Spurrier say, "We have to shut down UT's run game to beat them. That is our plan."  Phil showed him. I think we rushed 4 times the whole game (a loss). Can't shut down our run if we don't run. 

 

This is the guy who took a championship caliber team, and reduced it to losing to Wyoming....IN NEYLAND! That's what happens when you're more worried about what is happening inside Logan's than you are Neyland. 

 

I'll say it again. Look at Fulmer's record with Cut. Then when Cut left. Then when Cut came back. Then when Cut left again. 

 

You said Dickey liked Fulmer for a reason. You are correct. There is also a reason that not a single school came after Fulmer after he was fired. Not one offered him a job. There is also a reason for that. 

 

Mike Leach could be on our sidelines right now. Who killed that deal to hire Pruitt? Who gave that bald-headed joke an extension?  Leach wouldn't win a NC, but he wouldn't have went 3-7. 

 

Fulmer had his day. Then sat down and tried to ride his laurels.

 

I have been a donor and season ticket holder for 28 years. This will be year 29. The wallet is closing. 2021 will be the last year of my money heading to Knoxville. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Atomic City said:

Tennessee pays better than any other team in the country it's just coaches who are coaching elsewhere

:bow:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dan Patrick is saying Tennessee May face a major investigation.

 

If this blows up the way some are saying. No way Pruitt survives this, and Fulmer may not.

 

Andrew Perloff on Twitter: "Dan says that he's heard from source that Tennessee football will face a serious investigation. He also said that Georgia could be next. "I was told Georgia got sloppy in recruiting." @dpshow" / Twitter

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think if Fulmer and Mike Clawson' s plans had worked out they'd both still be coaching the Vols. 

 

And I haven't forgotten how Fulmer and Mike Hamilton butted heads. So, here's a thought. It doesn't matter how good of a football coach somebody is, or a plumber, or a cab driver. They're no better than the support they receive. 

 

Around and shortly after 1998 something had to change, you have to think about what fundemental thing was it that changed? Well, that's about the time that Doug Dickey and Joe Johnson retired. That might have something to do with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you meant Dave but I agree. Remember they had Boyd recruited to run that spread offense. He went to Clemson when Kiffin dissed him. Fulmer was planning for the spread offense. Just never got the chance. Crompton was not the QB to run that. Clawson went on and made bowling Green and wake Forest decent teams. We'll never know though. All speculation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who the hell is Mike Clawson, and why am I talking about him? 

 

I'm getting old, and the coffee ain't working yet...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Clawson has won everywhere he goes.

 

His plan didn't work because Fulmer would not relinquish control of the offense. Clawson coached while handcuffed by Fulmer's "3 yards and a cloud of dust." 

 

Fulmer drove us into the ditch. Mike Hamilton flattened the tires on the wrecker that arrived to pull us out.

 

Gary Patterson and Brian Kelly both interviewed and want wanted the job. Hamilton hired Joey Freshwater. F***ing idiot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×