RobVOL

Steve sarkisian new Texas head coach

Fyi

The University of Northern Mexico always tries to copy Tennessee. They try to steal every tradition we have.

They have even stolen the tradition of being a very rich school who wants to hire second tier coaches on the cheap. 

So many better hires they could have went after. 

Bit surprised. I know football is big in Texas I watched every season of Friday night lights but he had a decent record in 4 years. Impatience must run rampant down there. 

Texas actually finished strong. I think this was a knee jerk reaction and stupid. Texas is like Tennessee, Nebraska and the old UCLA teams. Trying to recapture that 80s and 90s magic and keep selling out or going cheap and expecting the same results. Tennessee was actually lucky to only pay Fulmer what they did when they were winning games at a 9 to 10 win season clip each year. Tennessee pays cheap but expects national titles. That is not the new model. If Tennessee wants to compete, quit paying cheap ass money. Get in the game and hire the best of the best. I still like Pruitt and I am not sure what is going on. I will say I think this COVID season is not the barometer for your team's status. I will wait like Rob said until next season with a full developmental off season and see what happens next year. This whole "I didn't get what I wanted in 3 years so fire they guy" is stupid. You need more time than that. Especially with how bad Butch Jones left this team. And no I don't agree Fulmer left the team this bad. He left Kiffin Crompton, Hardesty, Berry among others still on the team. What Butch Jones left Pruitt was CRAP!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, UTVol2001 said:

Texas actually finished strong. I think this was a knee jerk reaction and stupid. Texas is like Tennessee, Nebraska and the old UCLA teams. Trying to recapture that 80s and 90s magic and keep selling out or going cheap and expecting the same results. Tennessee was actually lucky to only pay Fulmer what they did when they were winning games at a 9 to 10 win season clip each year. Tennessee pays cheap but expects national titles. That is not the new model. If Tennessee wants to compete, quit paying cheap ass money. Get in the game and hire the best of the best. I still like Pruitt and I am not sure what is going on. I will say I think this COVID season is not the barometer for your team's status. I will wait like Rob said until next season with a full developmental off season and see what happens next year. This whole "I didn't get what I wanted in 3 years so fire they guy" is stupid. You need more time than that. Especially with how bad Butch Jones left this team. And no I don't agree Fulmer left the team this bad. He left Kiffin Crompton, Hardesty, Berry among others still on the team. What Butch Jones left Pruitt was CRAP!

I'd would agree for the most part. 

23 hours ago, UTVol2001 said:

So what if 2021 is also a covid season and we end up, say 5-5?  There is a new strain out there.  Does CJP get another gimme?  It would be an improved record over 2020.  Even if we play a regular schedule with wins over the 3 non conference plus Vandy and SC (maybe). 5-6.  Not what I expect out of the Vols.       

The new ex-coach at Texas. I'll bet their kicking themselves in the ass for running MackDaddy off...

The similarities between Texas and Mack brown and Tennessee and Fulmer are very close. 

On 1/3/2021 at 4:19 PM, UTVol2001 said:

Tennessee was actually lucky to only pay Fulmer what they did when they were winning games at a 9 to 10 win season clip each year.

We actually overpaid Fulmer and underpaid the brains of the NC team, David Cutcliffe.

Look at Fulmer's record with Cut.

Look at Fulmer's record when Cut left.

Look at Fulmer's record when Cut came back.

Look at Fulmer's record when Cut left again.

The numbers tell; the true story.

On 1/4/2021 at 6:42 PM, RobVOL said:

The similarities between Texas and Mack brown and Tennessee and Fulmer are very close. 

Yep! Both of them should have been fired 2-3 years before it actually happened.

Covid-19 can't hide the coaching blunders of this bald-headed clown we have for a head coach.

The inability to make a single adjustment to a slant play that teams use week after week to wreck your defense.

Playing JG deep into the season when there two better options (Bailey and Shrout) sitting on the bench. 

Refusal to accept ANY responsibility or blame for the team's poor performance.

Current players. and recruits bailing like the ship is on fire and sinking. 

Yeah, lets' give him another year to put the ship in full reverse. That way he can back up and then ram the iceberg again. 

Ship sinking Titanic.gif