RobVOL

Tennessee loses another one to Florida but there is hope

GettyImages-1025923874-775x465.jpg

The Vols lost another one to Florida. Yes, we hate this, Still. there was things in this game that gives me hope. Harrison Bailey played well. Not having a decent offensive line is not his fault. I also thought JT Shrout played really well. He may be erratic but he has a strong arm and is tough. I think between Shrout and Bailey you have something to build on. JG and Maurer can sit on the sidelines. Honestly, let the young boys play. The COVID season is crap. Let the guys who are making a difference play it out and hope we have something better for next year. I have said for years that Strout is better than some give him credit. I would take Bailey and Strout and sit everyone else on the bench. Just my two cents. 

I think we can all say this season is over for Tennessee. Lets move forward for next year. Time to build for the future. I will take Strout and Bailey and never look back.

Honestly, I've said for years Strout with development would be an all sec QB. Still, Bailey played well as well. 

Well, now! I wonder who the Pruitt defenders will turn to now that they can't blame Jarrett Guarantano?

I see very little hope as long as that Gump is on our sidelines as the head coach. 

Jug. I hear you but this  year is a crapshoot in sports and there are still some Jones leftovers on this team. Give him 1 more year and then we can re-evaluate. hate to fo down the coach search again.

3 hours ago, cowhampshirevol said:

Jug. I hear you but this  year is a crapshoot in sports and there are still some Jones leftovers on this team. Give him 1 more year and then we can re-evaluate. hate to fo down the coach search again.

I agree. Bama was still great because of talent. With covid they were one of the few that didn't really take a hit. Up and coming teams really got hit hard with younger players not able to develop off season. Give it a year without this covid crap which will miraculously disappear next year. Once the election crap is over :tongue1:

I actually liked seeing Strout throw the ball. He has a gun. He is a little erratic though. But he is a gunner pocket passer. I also felt Bailey did well. I agree. Let these boys just hang out and sling that damned ball. This season is shit. So let them sling it and bring it and see what we got for next season. 

Against Florida, Shrout was 12-14 for 121 yds and 1 touchdown.

Tennessee last finished a football season with three wins in 1924. The Vols finished 3-5 that season under head coach M.B. Banks. Banks played at Syracuse and coached at Duke before arriving at Tennessee.

In 1924, Tennessee won its first three contests against Emory & Henry, Maryville and Carson-Newman. The Vols finished the season with losses to Mississippi A&M, Georgia, Centre, Tulane and Kentucky.

Sorry but I am not buying this whole 'we can't count this year against JP because Covid".  Everybody had Covid and except PSU and Michigan most teams stayed the same or got better.  Two games in most of us were saying make a change at QB but it took JP until Saturday to make the change? And then when he finally does it turns out both were better than JG.  Now some are asking why did he pull Bailey and put in Shrout.  I got no problem with that.  They both looked good but it turns out Shrout was the better QB Saturday.  You've got to give the guy a chance or he will transfer.  I say we need them both.