RobVOL

Tennessee Georgia game thread

Keep it close into the fourth. Tennessee can win

I'm still saying JG is the biggest issue on the this team. 

10 minutes ago, RobVOL said:

I'm still saying JG is the biggest issue on the this team. 

CJP is gonna ride him straight to a 5-5 season, apparently...

It does.  I remember this summer when he announced he is coming back.  I said wait, hasn't he been here 7 or 8 years already?  I really think they are going to redshirt Bailey so we should not count on seeing him come out there this year.  If he is as good as they say he is/will be (where have we heard that before?) he probably won't be here all 4 years anyways.     

Y'all watch that bama ole Miss game? Wow

Well they played well for a half. Unfortunately there was another half. I think the assessment is in. Vols are getting better. Still have some gaps and need another year maybe to gel. Still, I think they can win out minus the Bama game and still have a decent record. Some things will still have to improve though. I just cannot fathom how JG can look like an All-SEC QB in one moment and then look like some third stringer from Vandy the next. :4_6_2v[1]:

This one was on the O-line guys.  JG was running for his life the minute the ball reached his hand.  Not even the great Peyton Manning could have survived that kind of pressure in my opinion.   

Is it just me or is Cade Mays a bit over rated?

Mays isn't overated. As for JG, he needs to go period. He's a leftover from Butch Jones era. Time to COMPLETELY MOVE ON. 

We're trying to get where Georgia's at. The Vols are a good team. UGA is elite. No better proof of that than Saturdays game. Now the Vols know what they need to work on. That much is certain. 

Plenty of blame to go around, I can't lay losing this game off on JG. We're all just tired of looking at him. Josh Palmer had a good game, 2 TD's. Too bad ya know, but I thought the defense played well. Hell, that goal line stand was inspired. Georgia 1st and goal resulting in turning the ball over on downs brings back memories of past Tennessee football teams. Then held th'Dawgs to 6 points off b/b TO's. I wasn't worried at all about Georgia's offense. They were better last yr. A TO and a couple 3 and outs later and our defense was running out of gas. (I'm damn tired of saying that) And we sure missed Deandre.

Yeah, I get it. But that hit looked more like a tap. I've seen harder head-butts during EZ celebrations. 

On 10/10/2020 at 9:52 PM, KingsportVol said:

I would not be surprised if JG comes back next year because of the eligibility waiver from the NCAA.

I really hope you are joking and this is not an option.  

7 hours ago, okfloray said:

Plenty of blame to go around, I can't lay losing this game off on JG. We're all just tired of looking at him.

You know that a very accurate statement. It wasn't all on him. I am just tired at looking at the leftovers from the Butch Jones era and yeah I am tired at looking at him. Time to move on. I am just tired at looking at him you are right

May be a mis-quote but somewhere I read JG said "This was one of my last chances to beat Georgia."