RobVOL

Voltalk is closing: It is official

2019-08-23_1-57-05.png

I hate to say this but this has been a long time coming. Vol-talk has always been a site where people could post and not be tracked or have google or Facebook track them. I never allowed ads nor ever allowed anything that is not about supporting Tennessee sports. We never used tracking or cookies to sell your info to Facebook or twitter. We just always wanted to be a little piece of Tennessee sports as a haven without the garbage. We have supported Tennessee Vols sports for over 15 years. While I am sad, I understand how the social media is killing sites like ours. We never asked for a dime for over 15 years. All we did is try to open a dialogue for true Tennessee fans.  This kills me, but it looks like it is time to give up the ghost. Vol-talk will close within the next 30 days once the hosting is paid for. We have had a great run. Vol-talk has been one of the "outside of the paid sites" for years.

For all of our members, I love you guys. I thank @XL Vol @VolNick @GiveHim6 @Atomic City @okfloray for all your support over the years.  Randall if you are out there, I am sorry but I kept it running for over 15 years. It is time to give up the ghost.

For the rest of the Vol-talk fans, thanks I love you guys,

If this country can ever get its head out of its ass, I hope Tennessee fans will have a place to go and support Tennessee athletics. Not a Rocky top website or vol nation where they track all your access. Just go get a good site to support your Tennessee fan support. What Vol-talk did was allow you to be a fan without being tracked. We were just about supporting the Vols. Not vol nation and rocky top insider "give me clicks" news.

Good luck the rest of the way

Vol-talk is signing off

Good luck to you all.... godspeed. On of the last Tennessee sites is signing off. All you Tennessee fans, I support you. godspeed.

Damn Rob..:hmm:

I can't say I like the sound of this. 

Hate to hear it but I understand it. Problem is where do we go lol. You can't have a normal discussion almost anywhere else not even in person most of the time. Maybe when we can all be around each other again we can still do a few get togethers. It's been a great ride boss

Man oh man I hate to hear this. This site has been awesome to be a part of. RobVol, thank you for having and hosting such a great page. I will miss coming here to discuss, berate, and celebrate our beloved Vols. Godspeed to all. 

Sad to see it go but maybe it's time. Best wishes to you Rob. Thanks for the ride.

I hate to hear it too.  We are always a little slow during the summer but usually about now we are talking about the Vols and getting ready for the season but now we don't even know if there will even be a season. I guess covid has another victim.  Thanks Rob for all the years.  I'll miss all you guys.    

Man. I'm a youngun to the page but am sad to see it go. Hard to find people with passion, knowledge and good intel when you live thousands of miles away. Rob kick back on your new patio and thanks for the ride. You will all be missed.

Rob,

I know I’ve been scarce the last season or so but I did always lurk in the background to keep up with all things VolTalk. I gotta say, I’m gonna miss the site and all the guys that contributed. I was entertained, educated, enlightened, and made to feel part of a family here at VolTalk. Whatever your goals and dreams are, chase the hell outta them and enjoy life the best way you know how. Thanks for everything. 
Would love to maintain some kind of some kind of relationship with the VolTalk family. You guys hit me up on Facebook. 
Take care friends. 
Jeff Graham. 

4 hours ago, Skyking said:

Rob,

I know I’ve been scarce the last season or so but I did always lurk in the background to keep up with all things VolTalk. I gotta say, I’m gonna miss the site and all the guys that contributed. I was entertained, educated, enlightened, and made to feel part of a family here at VolTalk. Whatever your goals and dreams are, chase the hell outta them and enjoy life the best way you know how. Thanks for everything. 
Would love to maintain some kind of some kind of relationship with the VolTalk family. You guys hit me up on Facebook. 
Take care friends. 
Jeff Graham. 

Thanks sky. Sky was one of the people who always donated to the site. Love ya sky. Sorry it's come to this. 

Honestly when I posted Charlie Daniels death, I got hate mail. When I added the July 4th theme, I got complaints that I've was too "American". Really? Too American??. This cancel culture makes me sick. Tennessee vol fans aren't cancel culture. When they become that I'm done. That's why I'm finished with this. 

Rob thats horrible and I can't blame your decision. Wife has been cutting hair for 30 years and this new norm world has her considering hanging up her scissors and cape because American society has gone cuckoo.

That's where I am. They're getting ready to kill college football. I'm so tired of this woke culture. I'm sick of this crap. 

Rob, I fully understand. I see this "infection" that has been in the NFL, now in the NBA and MLB and even Nascar. Im afraid its coming to College sports too. The first Vol that kneels during the National anthem will lose this old Vol fan forever. I haven't watched a NFL game in years ... and don't intend to ever again. 

This used to be a damned good country. Im just glad I'm 65 years old. God, I hate this crap.

Thank you for providing this site and allowing me to be a member. Godspeed, Rob.

You got 10 years on me ozone but I am right there with you.  College football, well, OK, the Vols, was the only sports I watched.  And even that has been hard the last few or 10 years. But one knee and and I will just ride the motorcycle on Saturdays.  I even put FB on a 1 month break (August, I hardly miss it) after people were celebrating Herman Cain's death.  Nick Poulson if any of you want to look me up on FB.  If I come back in September.  

This is actually more emotional than I thought it would be. It's like the funeral of an old friend. I type this post with a heavy heart.

Well, where do I start? My original join date was June 3, 2003. It's been a long ride and a great one. Thank you, Rob, for being our caretaker for almost two decades.

I have met several people here in person. Rob, Kimberly, Dustin, Nick, Floyd, Tammy, BreAnna, and I am sure I am leaving someone out. I wish I could have met you all.

We have been lucky that death hasn't claimed many of us like some other forums I have been in. We lost Karen Hubbs several years ago, and that was a huge loss. She was a good woman, a fine person, and a dedicated Vol. 

I remember times when there were only 6-7 of us bouncing off the walls in here, but we were here. In our "home" forum.

We have been through some highs with our beloved Vols, and we certainly have seen some lows. We stayed true to the Big Orange through it all. 

Ladies and gentlemen, it has been an honor and a privilege to call all of you fellow Vols and friends.

God bless you all, and GO VOLS!

Voltalk closing, then today I blew out my flip flop.  Damn!

Flip.jpg.df818427a572df9933870a5674de5071.jpg

Did you do you step on a flop top?  Lol

I too remember the humble beginning. A lot of people have came through here over the years. A lot of people have been here for many years, and things have been better for it. So to everyone, thanks for the memories. I'll remember my Voltalk friends for the rest of my life. I'm honored to be a member of Voltalk, and it's been my privilege to be one of you. Thanks for putting up with me. 

Rob, in my opinion you built one of the best sites on the interwebs. I know you always put your heart into it, and I admire that. It's what made the difference. Thank you, just doesn't say enough. So many years, one day soon Voltalk's going to be gone. It's going to take some getting used to.

It's been a great run. I'm on FB too, Floyd Ray Hogue, look me up any time.

Until then, Happy Trails...

GOBIGORANGE..!

12 hours ago, RobVOL said:

Did you do you step on a flop top?  Lol

Strangely enough the wife brought home some "margarita flavored wine".  I did not even know they made it and am usually a beer guy but that stuff was pretty good.  So I was wasting away again in margaritaville.

I need 1 more post to reach 500.  There.

On 8/11/2020 at 8:52 PM, VolNick said:

Voltalk closing, then today I blew out my flip flop.  Damn!

Flip.jpg.df818427a572df9933870a5674de5071.jpg

That must be a Florida thing. I blew out a flip flop on the beach when we went to Tampa. 

Low point of the Outback Bowl trip. 

If everyone made as many replies to every thread as we have this one. VolTalk probably wouldn't be closing. 

Just an observation... :4_6_2v[1]:

11 hours ago, SavageOrangeJug said:

If everyone made as many replies to every thread as we have this one. VolTalk probably wouldn't be closing. 

Just an observation... :4_6_2v[1]:

Good point :bouncesmile:

Some people have asked about one final pick em contest. Since it looks like the season will happen well at least for half of the country. If folks would like one more contest to close out with. I'm good with that. I can keep the hosting up through then. If interested in that just post here. 

Thanks