RobVOL

UT to open all campuses for fall

According to multiple news outlets, the University of Tennessee plans to reopen all of it’s campuses for the fall semester.

This is good news. Maybe just maybe we'll have football in some form

South Carolina announced it's campus will be open this fall as have some others. There have been some lawsuits filed by students at some universities, including Florida (I think), because they say that they aren't getting the college experience they paid for with online studies only. And I've seen stories about how colleges are feeling the financial pinch due to the virus anyway. So it seems primarily a financial matter to the various administrations to open back up and hope for the best.

As far as what that means for athletics I'm not optimistic. A contact sport like football in particular would be a challenge to keeping all involved safe from the covid virus. Players, coaches, support staff, officials, medical personnel, broadcast crews, and anyone else on the field would have to be tested on a regular basis and I've read where players would be quarantined for the duration of whatever season they might attempt. And that's just one hurdle that would have to be overcome.

Maybe the colleges and universities can work something out but time is not on their side and of course the virus is nowhere near done. Like I said, I'm not optimistic. 

Just saw where the NFL is announcing their schedule tonight. Whether they can play it or not is still not certain.

Story

I'm gonna be honest. I went from this is overblown too this is serious. Now after retrospect this was way overblown. There's no way this should have shut an entire country down. I'm not living in fear. This overhyped crap has killed our country. I watched some idiot tell me that ALL OF US have been affected by the Corona virus. Nope. Not me. Am I fortunate? Maybe but I've worked from home. I've paid my bills. I've never messed with this political BS. While some of my liberal Friends may have a different thought, I'm not falling for the false narrative. Voltalk has always been about the true narrative. While the bottom line is there's been terrible deaths in this country, I'm not blaming anyone. No one in my entire social family has been hurt by this so called terrible Corona virus. I'm gonna leave this alone. But voltalk Won't be some social media pulpit. I'll close it down before that..

I'm not sure what I said that set you off, assuming it was something I said. I have no desire to stand at the pulpit. You asked for comments and I gave my honest opinion. I would be happy to be proven wrong. I would love to see football this fall as much as anybody else. Time will tell.

Boogators.jpg

You didn't. Everything else with this Corona crap did. Not you GH6. Sorry if it came across that way. You know typed words coming across with incorrect intent and all that blah blah blah 

I too think this is overblown.  Wal Marts, Home Depots, and Grocery stores never closed and up until recently the workers were not even wearing masks.  No mass outbreaks in those stores of their employees.  Wal Mart, for example, now opens at 7 am and closes at 10 pm  instead of 24 hours.  Assuming you have the same number of people  shopping there all this does is put more people in the store at once.  Yeah, I know "cleaning the store" but can they not do this while they are open?