I was reading through the Chattanooga Times/Fish Wrapper on its FB page the other day and someone asked "Why is a liquor store essential?".  Some comments were well thought out like "Alcohol kills germs" and "alcoholics need it" but my favorite was this:  "We are home schooling". 

I can tell you it essential. The only problem is down here they are running 2 item limits since they closed all the bards down. So get the REALLY BIG BOTTLES

:Drunk1:

This is a common sense decision.  Convenience stores and grocery stores both sell beer and liquor , and they are considered essentials, so how can you punish liquor stores for doing the same?  The only ones complaining about this are fundamentalist churches that are pushing their own agendas

Since my wife & I are both avid readers we are missing the closing of the local library more than anything else. The guv has issued a stay-at-home order for the state that just went into effect this evening. My wife got an email from her office to carry with her saying she had a need to travel for an essential job. A delivery driver I know said he's got a permission slip too. Driving anywhere in the state without a good reason is now a misdemeanor. 

Right now the state of South Carolina reports officially around 2,200 confirmed cases but the estimate of the true number is more like 15,000. Somewhere around 700+ in our county, so they estimate. 

5 hours ago, TecVol said:

This is a common sense decision.  Convenience stores and grocery stores both sell beer and liquor , and they are considered essentials, so how can you punish liquor stores for doing the same?  The only ones complaining about this are fundamentalist churches that are pushing their own agendas

Tec you know I love ya but blaming Christians? I'm true blue 100% conservative. I'm totally against the liberal agenda but you know I'll always respect others positions. I ain't Savage. But your position makes me Pause. Blaming conservatives really? This seems like open attacks on all people that disagree. Not cool my friend

I did not mention conservatives at all did I?  DID I?  You are the ONLY  one identifying conservatives with this conversation.  Stay on your topic.  Only churches are pushing liquor store closings.  I do not understand your rebuff.  I should have known better than to even respond to this

Umm you said it's just fundamental Christians. I didn't. You brought that out. Let's be honest. I'm the first to defend your opinion. Always have. But you're not going to insult people for being Christians either. Just saying. Let's be honest across the board. 

In Tec's defense (wow, did I really do that?) I do have several Uber Christian friends that would like to see liquor stores closed.  And a few Muslin friends that feel the same way.  

• Like 1

The Baptists are thrilled that they can wear masks everywhere they go. Now nobody will recognize them at the liquor store. I

On 5/4/2020 at 12:05 AM, XLVol said:

The Baptists are thrilled that they can wear masks everywhere they go. Now nobody will recognize them at the liquor store. I

Boy aint that the truth :drink: :laughing1: