I went to bed after the Macho Man/Steamboat match. 

Hey I just had a scary thought today while I was being bored. Consider this for thought consumption. Imagine if Butch Jones was still coach and John Currie was still the ass clown AD. And that's when this Corona crap hit. Scary thought indeed :mf_hide::4_11_5[1]:

Made you look lol

Ha-Ha... Yew one funny guy.

:pluck:

1 hour ago, okfloray said:

Ha-Ha... Yew one funny guy.

:pluck:

:devilsmoke:

Today, :4_11_5[1]:... I had one hella day...

But before that, I was laid off from Watts Bar sunday. They asked me if I wanted to be laid off first thing in the morning or If I wanted to work until end of my shift. So about 8 o'clock AM my tired and unemployed ass was pulling out of the parking lot. But that's not what I wanted to tell ya'll. 

I just came off of 47 days working with about 2000 other men and women at two TVA nuclear power plants. Two shifts, and there were no cases of covid-19 reported at either outage. These days, I think that's pretty good, Yay..!:bouncesmile:

Yesterday, Monday... Instead of going home I stuck around and went to Athens and got myself a birth certificate that I desperately needed. Then I went home to my camper and slept for the rest of the whole damn day. My old ass was tired (still am). I got up once and drank a couple beers, and then talked myself into going back to bed until this morning. It's a good thing too because I had one hella day today. 

My lovely wife came up and visited me in Tennessee for the past week or so. We had a great time, looked up my long lost half-brother. Him and myself haven't laid eyes on each other in 20 years. He lives in Halls on the way to Norris Lake, we went fishing a couple days. Anyway, first thing today I get up, pack up, and get the camper hitched to the truck. Then off we go, south to Hattisburg with me out in front.

Went through Chatty, and were in Gorgia by 12:00. Good time, especially for my slow-start ass. Zoom right into Alabama, and all was well. ETA for the Ponderosa was about 4:30, good/good. 

Until I got on the Birmingham Bypass. Well, ya see my wife has recently been taking meds for high blood pressure, and been having chest pains. She's in her car behind me, and I looked in the mirror and seen smoke. A lot of smoke. And I think "Somebody's burning their shit up". Then a guy in a red truck passes me up pointing his finger at my camper and hollering something I couldn't hear. So two and two right? I pull over all of a sudden and smoke is pouring out of my camper. Get out and one tire is burning and the tire next to it is set to catch. Both of them are underneath my camper, and it's already burning too. 

Things has went to shit.

So a guy has stopped and he runs up and asks me if I had a fire extinguisher. One was in the camper under the sink. I had the door key in my hand, fixing to go in and get the fire extinguisher and I thought twice. I knew better. Years ago I took an extensive fire fighting course in Hammond Louisiana. One thing they told us was never open a door and introduce an air source to an enclosed fire. Instead, I opted to disconnect my truck and move it safely away while I had the chance. I've done it a thousand times, and in just a couple minutes I was out from under the camper. Then I gassed it but I got in a hurry and forgot to disconnect the tail light wire. Oh well, phuck it. Ran up there a couple hundred feet, got out and walked back.

Smoke was boiling out of the camper, and as soon as I got close enough I hear, "Tink-a-Linkkle" as a piece of glass hits the pavement from one of the windows. Flames, just that quick started coming out and in another minute flames were coming out of both sides of my camper. Not opening that door and moving my truck instead was one (2) of the most intuitive things ever. I can't believe it was me that done it. 

My lovely wife was in her car, crying her eyes out by the time I got there. That's where we were when the firemen arrived, I seen a city cop on the other side of the highway calling it in a little bit earlier. Then she sat there, and I stood there and watched my camper burn slap ass up. Pulled off of the left side of the shoulder, of the southbound lanes of Birmingham Bypass. 

The firemen +1 firewoman put the fire out. They got there quick and done an outstanding job. For my part I stayed out of their way, and buisied myself with consoling my best girl. It was a mess, everything looked like a shit-bomb had went off. I had to talk to the fire chief, and do his paperwork. I had to call my insurance and see what they were going to do. Then the State Trooper showed up, and then another one showed up and I spoke with them for a while and settelled their buisness. 

But the firemen were more intrested in what was up with my wife. One came and told me she sent him for me. She was in the back of one of their cars wearing a blood pressure cuff and a heart monitor when I got there. Pale like seen a ghost, scared me half to death. "Oh Lord" thought me, "Not this too". But in a few minutes she started looking better, and soon they took all the stuff off of her. The fireman/paramedics told me to leave my truck and take her to nearby McDonalds, get something cold to drink, sit around and soak up some air conditioner until she thought it was ok to drive. When we got there the dining room was closed, and the girl working there threatened to call the cops unless we left. But she did give my wife a large cup of ice water first, and we went and sat in a shady spot to soak up AC in the car. 

Went back and got my truck, the camper was gone. Drove home without any problems except for being covered with black smut and smelling like burning tires. Shower and a pizza, you bet.

:dunno:  It's all got me wondering how y'alls day went...

Man sorry okfl..... Hope things turn around. Makes me feel being locked down ain't crap. 

Glad your wife is alright. 

Sorry to hear about....well shoot, your whole day.  I grew up just across Walden Ridge from Watts Bar in Pikeville.  My brother was a security guard there for a while.

I know Pikeville, close to Lake City. When I was in Boy Scouts I got a merit badge for hiking Waldens Ridge. Been to the old fire tower many times, and swimming at Potter Falls before they closed it. Back in the day New River was a good place to avoid, so we always went up from the Dutch Valley side. 

Checking in. I haven't been around for a while. No sports to really talk about. Glad to see most of you are ok and let's hope we have a good season coming up. 

Seems pretty slow right now. Even the social media groups are only bitching about stupid jersey colors. So I thought I would check in here. Looks like it is pretty dead on the news front everywhere. Sure hope we have a season coming this fall. I cannot deal with anymore virus/riot/media  garbage. I am ready for some sports. I hope everyone is ok. :smiley-drinking:

I know things are slow in the news world. I hope all of our members are OK. We may get back to decent sports talk soon I hope. I have never seen this type of garbage in all my years. I have never seen this social media and garbage totally ruin it for the rest of us. I truly do hope our loyal members are ok.

Stay safe during this crap

I'm OK. 

And greetings from Bloomington Illinois. :Tennrules: It's not my kind of place.

Are you military vol from before? I looked at the name and thought about that. But welcome back. 

On 6/3/2020 at 1:24 AM, okfloray said:

Today, :4_11_5[1]:... I had one hella day...

But before that, I was laid off from Watts Bar sunday. They asked me if I wanted to be laid off first thing in the morning or If I wanted to work until end of my shift. So about 8 o'clock AM my tired and unemployed ass was pulling out of the parking lot. But that's not what I wanted to tell ya'll. 

I just came off of 47 days working with about 2000 other men and women at two TVA nuclear power plants. Two shifts, and there were no cases of covid-19 reported at either outage. These days, I think that's pretty good, Yay..!:bouncesmile:

Yesterday, Monday... Instead of going home I stuck around and went to Athens and got myself a birth certificate that I desperately needed. Then I went home to my camper and slept for the rest of the whole damn day. My old ass was tired (still am). I got up once and drank a couple beers, and then talked myself into going back to bed until this morning. It's a good thing too because I had one hella day today. 

My lovely wife came up and visited me in Tennessee for the past week or so. We had a great time, looked up my long lost half-brother. Him and myself haven't laid eyes on each other in 20 years. He lives in Halls on the way to Norris Lake, we went fishing a couple days. Anyway, first thing today I get up, pack up, and get the camper hitched to the truck. Then off we go, south to Hattisburg with me out in front.

Went through Chatty, and were in Gorgia by 12:00. Good time, especially for my slow-start ass. Zoom right into Alabama, and all was well. ETA for the Ponderosa was about 4:30, good/good. 

Until I got on the Birmingham Bypass. Well, ya see my wife has recently been taking meds for high blood pressure, and been having chest pains. She's in her car behind me, and I looked in the mirror and seen smoke. A lot of smoke. And I think "Somebody's burning their shit up". Then a guy in a red truck passes me up pointing his finger at my camper and hollering something I couldn't hear. So two and two right? I pull over all of a sudden and smoke is pouring out of my camper. Get out and one tire is burning and the tire next to it is set to catch. Both of them are underneath my camper, and it's already burning too. 

Things has went to shit.

So a guy has stopped and he runs up and asks me if I had a fire extinguisher. One was in the camper under the sink. I had the door key in my hand, fixing to go in and get the fire extinguisher and I thought twice. I knew better. Years ago I took an extensive fire fighting course in Hammond Louisiana. One thing they told us was never open a door and introduce an air source to an enclosed fire. Instead, I opted to disconnect my truck and move it safely away while I had the chance. I've done it a thousand times, and in just a couple minutes I was out from under the camper. Then I gassed it but I got in a hurry and forgot to disconnect the tail light wire. Oh well, phuck it. Ran up there a couple hundred feet, got out and walked back.

Smoke was boiling out of the camper, and as soon as I got close enough I hear, "Tink-a-Linkkle" as a piece of glass hits the pavement from one of the windows. Flames, just that quick started coming out and in another minute flames were coming out of both sides of my camper. Not opening that door and moving my truck instead was one (2) of the most intuitive things ever. I can't believe it was me that done it. 

My lovely wife was in her car, crying her eyes out by the time I got there. That's where we were when the firemen arrived, I seen a city cop on the other side of the highway calling it in a little bit earlier. Then she sat there, and I stood there and watched my camper burn slap ass up. Pulled off of the left side of the shoulder, of the southbound lanes of Birmingham Bypass. 

The firemen +1 firewoman put the fire out. They got there quick and done an outstanding job. For my part I stayed out of their way, and buisied myself with consoling my best girl. It was a mess, everything looked like a shit-bomb had went off. I had to talk to the fire chief, and do his paperwork. I had to call my insurance and see what they were going to do. Then the State Trooper showed up, and then another one showed up and I spoke with them for a while and settelled their buisness. 

But the firemen were more intrested in what was up with my wife. One came and told me she sent him for me. She was in the back of one of their cars wearing a blood pressure cuff and a heart monitor when I got there. Pale like seen a ghost, scared me half to death. "Oh Lord" thought me, "Not this too". But in a few minutes she started looking better, and soon they took all the stuff off of her. The fireman/paramedics told me to leave my truck and take her to nearby McDonalds, get something cold to drink, sit around and soak up some air conditioner until she thought it was ok to drive. When we got there the dining room was closed, and the girl working there threatened to call the cops unless we left. But she did give my wife a large cup of ice water first, and we went and sat in a shady spot to soak up AC in the car. 

Went back and got my truck, the camper was gone. Drove home without any problems except for being covered with black smut and smelling like burning tires. Shower and a pizza, you bet.

:dunno:  It's all got me wondering how y'alls day went...

....but other than that....how was the day?

Forget the camper. Your wife is okay and that is the important thing. Glad she is fine, ok.

I am happy to report that I am among those who have survived the deadly DEMpanic with the death rate of .26% of the 1% of the population who have contracted it.

Still healing the knee. I do not recommend bending your knee 90° sideways. Think Nick Chubb only sideways.

I have been cleared to return to work on August 24th. That is 11 months to the day after the injury and 10 months to the day after surgery. :egyptian:

7 hours ago, cowhampshirevol said:

SOG. That is pretty quick turnaround. I do workers comp and I got youngish out forever. Good luck.

I think I have done well. However, as those who have met me will. tell you. I don't look, act, or feel my age.

It shredded the ACL and they put in a cadaver graft, or as I call it, "a dead man ligament". It tore the MCL and he repaired that. I also got the LCL and he was able to repair it as well. 

They did tell me I might have to wear the ACL brace for years if engaged in strenuous activity. I was also told that because of the severity of this injury I probably have a total knee replacement in my future.

I will never look at those gruesome leg bends and twists the same way. When the knee shifts at that unnatural angle. You know instantly, before you even hit the ground, that you are seriously injured. 

Since you do worker's comp. I would like to ask you a couple of questions if you don't mind. Thanks. 

5 hours ago, cowhampshirevol said:

Just emailed you Savage. Hopefully can answer any questions you may have.

Thank you so much, cowhampshire.

I enjoyed our conversation.

Start making those vacation plans for East Tennessee.  :thumbup: