Hey guys I know all of us are being impacted by this Corona crap. I just wanted to make sure everyone's ok. Yes I still believe a lot of this is hyperbole. Still some are being impacted and the nation is being impacted. Regardless of the true danger this has caused, if anyone out there has been impacted and needs anything, please let us know. The voltalk community is here if anyone needs assistance. 

Thanks

We good down here Rob.  I have been working from home for the past 3 years so its nothing new to me.  But I do worry about the 55 techs who  work for me that are out there every day touching keypads.  Y'all stay safe out there and I am here to help if I can.

Living large in beautiful downtown Hollywood Alabama, inprocessing for Sequoya nuke. Drove all night to get here. Had to have my temperture taken before they'd let me in the building. The unsubstantiated rumor is, 24 hour lock in at Sequoya until the outage is over. Work 12 hours a day, get paid 16.

I came through Rainsville this morning about 5 o'clock, didn't run into Jeremy Pruitt though.

There isn't one loaf of bread for sell in Alabama.

Thanks buddy..I still think this is crap. But I'm here for any voltalkers. We'll be here for any members.

Just now, okfloray said:

Living large in beautiful downtown Hollywood Alabama, inprocessing for Sequoya nuke. Drove all night to get here. Had to have my temperture taken before they'd let me in the building. The unsubstantiated rumor is, 24 hour lock in at Sequoya until the outage is over. Work 12 hours a day, get paid 16.

I came through Rainsville this morning about 5 o'clock, didn't run into Jeremy Pruitt though.

There isn't one loaf of bread for sell in Alabama.

Ok glad you're fine 

My son-in-law was laid off  indefinitely because of the Ford Assembly Plant in Louisville shutting down.  (He works at Magna, welding F-150 frames and they shut down)..  Hopefully it will only last a couple of weeks, otherwise it will affect the stock of The Bank of Daddy..

The Corvette factory here in BG is closed, as well as the Toyota factory in Georgetown

We're fine and taking it day by day like everybody else. My wife is doing a yeoman's job along with her school district admistrative co-workers in adjusting to the ever changing situation with public education. They are acting and doing like the professionals they are.

I'm back at home, got here yesterday evening. Sequoya outage postponed, now my show up date is April 13th. 

Funny, their telling everybody to stay home and don't travel. I've logged over 1000 miles in the last 3 days.

I've been sitting on my back porch drinking rum like it's going out of style. Watching TV  on 65" led TV. I'm drinking and enjoying life. Virus? What virus? Lol

I have painted one of the kid's vacant bedrooms, sanded down and repainted the front door, and pressure washed the driveway.  A few more weeks of this and the house will be ready to sell.

My driveway needs pressure washing. Just saying...:laughing1:

We're all fine in Atlanta. All working / schooling at home. 

3 hours ago, RobVOL said:

You paint gh6? Hobby? 

I studied art in college, graduated in '77 but eventually had to put it all aside when making a living, marriage, parenthood and life in general started taking too much of my time. I've finally gotten back to it now that I'm retired. I'm trying to build up a portfolio and hopefully get a gallery in the area interested at some point.

I have these which I've taken pix of with a hand held camera on my easel but the quality isn't that great. I plan to take better ones with proper lighting when I'm ready to send them to a gallery. The first is Jekyll Island on the Georgia coast. The second is from an old pic I took of a bridge in Columbus Ga. The third is Providence Canyon in Georgia.

Jeckyl Island July 1.JPG

Old 13th Street Bridge.JPG

Providence Canyon Ga..JPG

Good stuff GH6, I am not even going to post my bedroom walls.  Were these painted on site or from memory?

I mainly work from photos that I take with my trusty Nikon. I have an upstairs studio in our house.

Can you things like Smokey mountains and sports stuff like vol stuff? 

Next time you get over to K Town they have opened up a new section of the Foothills Parkway, great views and photo ops.

• Like 1