RobVOL

Breaking news - SEC Tourney has been cancelled

CAFC1C5A-834D-4235-B592-D31F701CD0C8.png

Breaking news out of Nashville, the Southeastern Conference has just announced the 2020 SEC Tournament has been canceled.

Here is the statement issued by the league on Thursday:

Based on the latest developments and the continued spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19), the Southeastern Conference today announced the cancellation of the remainder of the 2020 Men’s Basketball Tournament in Nashville.

Here’s the statement issued by the SEC on Wednesday:

The Southeastern Conference has announced it will conduct the 2020 SEC Men’s Basketball Tournament with only essential staff, limited family and credentialed media in attendance at Bridgestone Arena in Nashville for the remainder of the week beginning on Thursday following the recommendation of the NCAA COVID-19 Advisory Panel related to conducting sporting events closed to the public.

In addition, the SEC announced that all regular season contests in all sports on SEC campuses and SEC Championship events will be conducted with similar attendance restrictions effective Thursday, March 12 through at least March 30 at which time the conference and its member universities will re-evaluate conditions.

The NCAA tournament is next. It will not happen. 

I'm thinking postponed but not entirely cancelled. Hopefully

You're telling me but I get to work from home and the office is closed. I'm cool and getting paid. Sweet. Still this is soooooo stupid.

Flu season is hitting its stride right now in the US. So far, the CDC has estimated (based on weekly influenza surveillance data) that at least 12,000 people have died from influenza between Oct. 1, 2019 through Feb. 1, 2020, and the number of deaths may be as high as 30,000. 

Just saying

But oh yeah, wash your friggin hands :whataredoin:

33 minutes ago, RobVOL said:

But oh yeah, wash your friggin hands :whataredoin:

Product Large ImageI got twenty of these, bidding starts at $50 apiece. Get'em before they're gone.

Dude it's getting real. Mrs robvol went to Costco. No toilet paper. No water. No nothing. This is like overreaction to hurricanes x100.

People love drama

WTF is up with toilet paper? Were people not wiping themselves before? I haven't heard anything about the virus making you poop excessively. :loco:

Or is this a Florida thing? :utfl:

Just now, XLVol said:

WTF is up with toilet paper? Were people not wiping themselves before? I haven't heard anything about the virus making you poop excessively. :loco:

Or is this a Florida thing? :utfl:

No, not just a Florida thing. Sam's in Chattanooga did not have a single roll of toilet or paper towels on Tuesday.

Let's call this what it is. A liberal media hyped panic to try and take out Trump. They want to crash the economy. 

This is total bullshit! 

Fear of germs is not the reason I don't shake hands, it is because no one has TP.

I love Cornholio! :ohyeah:

11 hours ago, XLVol said:

The NCAA tournament is next. It will not happen. 

:devilsmoke: and I underestimated how extreme they would go. 

Good old Beavis.  The question to this answer comes up on Jeopardy from time to time and I always answer with my shirt over my head.

Surrounding this lake you can find potato farms and huge stone ruins

The Masters has been postponed.

The Masters Tournament, golf's first major championship of the year, will be postponed because of the coronavirus outbreak, Augusta National officials announced Friday morning.

The Masters, which was scheduled for April 9-12, is the fifth event on the PGA Tour schedule that will not be played in its current spot on the calendar, following the cancellation of the remainder of the Players Championship, Valspar Championship in Palm Harbor, Florida, WGC-Dell Match Play Championship in Austin, Texas, and Valero Texas Open in San Antonio.

"Ultimately, the health and well-being of everyone associated with these events and the citizens of the Augusta community led us to this decision," Fred Ridley, chairman of Augusta National Golf Club, said in a statement. "We hope this postponement puts us in the best position to safely host the Masters Tournament and our amateur events at some later date."

My wife & I were wondering if they would cancel altogether. We're only about 50 miles from Augusta and my wife tries the ticket lottery every year and has for many years. We've managed to get tickets for the Drive, Chip & Putt, and last year's Women's Amateur championships but no luck so far with the Master's. As amazing as the course looks on TV, actually walking it is something we'll never forget.

I would not be surprised if they do play that it will be without "patrons".

SAM_0354.JPG

Just now, GiveHim6 said:

my wife tries the ticket lottery every year and has for many years. 

I lucked up and hit practice round tickets in 2017.

The t-shirt I bought  is great for St. Patty's Day wear. 

Will be wearing it for only the third time this Tuesday. 

We were there in 2017 for the DC&P championships. I have my Masters ballcap that cost me $30 in the gift store but sells for a lot more on the 'net.