TecVol

NCAA tournament will be played without fans-ESPN

The NCAA made the unprecedented decision Wednesday to hold the men's and women's basketball tournaments without fans because of the ongoing coronavirus crisis.

"The NCAA continues to assess the impact of COVID-19 in consultation with public health officials and our COVID-19 advisory panel," NCAA president Mark Emmert said in a statement. "Based on their advice and my discussions with the NCAA Board of Governors, I have made the decision to conduct our upcoming championship events, including the Division I men's and women's basketball tournaments, with only essential staff and limited family attendance.

"While I understand how disappointing this is for all fans of our sports, my decision is based on the current understanding of how COVID-19 is progressing in the United States. This decision is in the best interest of public health, including that of coaches, administrators, fans and, most importantly, our student-athletes. We recognize the opportunity to compete in an NCAA national championship is an experience of a lifetime for the students and their families. Today, we will move forward and conduct championships consistent with the current information and will continue to monitor and make adjustments as needed."

WWW.ESPN.COM

The NCAA announced Wednesday that its men's and women's basketball tournaments will be played in arenas without fans because of the coronavirus crisis.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

This is the biggest bunch of BS I've ever seen. Whatever. H1n1 killed thousands and this ain't hit hundreds but we're closing down crap? Whatever. I'm done with this stupid crap. 

4 hours ago, RobVOL said:

This is the biggest bunch of BS I've ever seen. Whatever. H1n1 killed thousands and this ain't hit hundreds but we're closing down crap? Whatever. I'm done with this stupid crap. 

This is out of hand. They just suspended the NBA season until further notice. 

No travel from Europe for 30 days except the UK. 

They have literally gone crazy.

Tom Hanks and his wife Rita Wilson were just diagnosed with Corona Virus.  Now this is getting to be be some serious shit

Yeah now someone else will have a bad cold like the flu

7 hours ago, TecVol said:

Tom Hanks and his wife Rita Wilson were just diagnosed with Corona Virus.  Now this is getting to be be some serious shit

Maybe it's not a beautiful day in his neighborhood.... Sorry had to go there lol