TennesseeMike

With Coronavirus Spreading Do Y'all Think The O&W Game Will Be Called Off?

With the spread of the Coronavirus do y'all think there will be an Orange & White Game or do y'all think it will be called off? I think it very well could be called off but I also think there's a chance that it could be played in an empty Neyland Stadium.

It's an honest question but my answer is hell no. This will pass. This is a wag the dog issue. Over 10 times more people died from h1n1 in the states than this crappy beer knock off named virus. I think things will be fine

I just seen where the NCAA has announced that there will be no spectators for any basketball tournaments. :brow:

• Like 1

The overreaction on this is sad and dispicable

I know this ain't the voluntary topics forum but really ? 

Just now, RobVOL said:

I know this ain't the voluntary topics forum but really ? 

Yeah the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament will be played in empty arenas and Conference Tournaments probably will also.:bs:

I just got tix for my wife & I to a couple of Braves games in July to the tune of $300. Also hotel reservations. If they cancel the games or the season or play in an empty stadium I want my money back. But then again, my investment portfolio that I count on for my retirement has lost almost $55k in the last 2 days so that may be the least of my financial worries thanks to this virus. And no one can say at this point that sporting events won't be affected, it has the attention of school, college and pro sports administrators and executives and the trend seems to be to err on the side of caution. Spectator sports along with any other public gatherings are a prime breeding ground for highly contagious diseases like Covid-19, but we can't stay home for the rest of our lives so who knows how this will play out. 

The fact that folks in my age bracket are especially vulnerable also has my attention. I think it's a little early in the game to say that this will pass & nothing to worry about. That's not what the medical and scientific communities are saying anyway. They're on the front lines, seems logical to me to trust their judgement & wisdom.

• Like 1

I haven't been sick or been to a doctor for anything in over 25 years. Knock on wood. Still I'm not stupid. If this thing is that bad, I'll take precautions. Be safe but don't let this impact your life. Just saying. 

I think a game in Neyland Stadium with no spectators would be a waste. They should make it a charity game or something cool like that.

6 hours ago, TennesseeMike said:

With the spread of the Coronavirus do y'all think there will be an Orange & White Game or do y'all think it will be called off? I think it very well could be called off but I also think there's a chance that it could be played in an empty Neyland Stadium.

This will be a memory by then. This is fear mongering by a liberal media. It will backfire.

Warm weather will kill it pretty quick. 

Tom Hanks and his wife Rita have contracted the virus while in Australia. Where it's currently summer.

Hanks posted an update on his Twitter account.

"Rita and I are down here in Australia," Hanks tweeted. "We felt a bit tired, like we had colds and some body aches. Rita had some chills that came and went. Slight fevers too. To play things right, as is needed in the world right now, we were tested for coronavirus, and were found to be positive.

Well, now. What to do next? The medical officials have protocols that must be followed. We Hanks' will be tested, observed, and isolated for as long as public health and safety requires. Not much more to it than a one-day-at-a-time approach, no?"

Call me selfish but this crap better stay out of Charlotte. I gotta go drive Lamborghinis and Ferraris around Charlotte motor speedway this weekend. If that's cancelled, I'm gonna be pissed. The hell with this hyperbole concocted crap no worse than the flu. 

police turkey GIF by South Park

Screw Coronas...

I'll be hitting over 100+ mph hitting the banks at Charlotte in this On Saturday:

2C555F1E-0469-42C4-957E-A92AD5D20FAB.jpeg

Proudly wearing my Tennessee traditions Hat and voltalk t-shirt

23 hours ago, GiveHim6 said:

I just got tix for my wife & I to a couple of Braves games in July to the tune of $300. Also hotel reservations. If they cancel the games or the season or play in an empty stadium I want my money back. But then again, my investment portfolio that I count on for my retirement has lost almost $55k in the last 2 days so that may be the least of my financial worries thanks to this virus. And no one can say at this point that sporting events won't be affected, it has the attention of school, college and pro sports administrators and executives and the trend seems to be to err on the side of caution. Spectator sports along with any other public gatherings are a prime breeding ground for highly contagious diseases like Covid-19, but we can't stay home for the rest of our lives so who knows how this will play out. 

The fact that folks in my age bracket are especially vulnerable also has my attention. I think it's a little early in the game to say that this will pass & nothing to worry about. That's not what the medical and scientific communities are saying anyway. They're on the front lines, seems logical to me to trust their judgement & wisdom.

I am confident it will rebound as soon as this passes. 

1 hour ago, RobVOL said:

Screw Coronas...

I'll be hitting over 100+ mph hitting the banks at Charlotte in this On Saturday:

2C555F1E-0469-42C4-957E-A92AD5D20FAB.jpeg

Proudly wearing my Tennessee traditions Hat and voltalk t-shirt

Color me Envy Green. 

Dude I'm gonna have fun. Screw this stupid overrated virus that isn't killing anyone close to common flu. This stupid chit is pissing me off.

2 hours ago, SavageOrangeJug said:

I am confident it will rebound as soon as this passes. 

Yes I agree. My account survived the Great Recession although it took a big hit at the time. Still, it makes me nervous to check the daily performance. Which is why I try not to check the daily performance. :123:

I put my 401k at the highest risk. I selected the highest post tax on my retirement. Call me stupid but I've see a huge upswing in my retirement. Why people cannot see this hyperbole crap is beyond me. 

The markets hate uncertainty. Investors hate uncertainty. Business hates uncertainty. What we've got right now is uncertainty. If you're a long term investor you just have to ride it out. 

Screw'em all. I've got a pension. :nana:

That's why I did what I did. I expect it to fall again and maybe further. All these cancellations and people not spending will hurt for a time. When the dust has settled the market will correct itself. I'll be sitting pretty. 

They just shut down all the theme parks down here in Orlando.  For the rest of the month they say.  That will definitely hurt the economy down here.  And my 401k is definitely something I am not looking at right now.