RobVOL

Lady Vols fall again. Lose to A&M 73-71

Logo_LadyVols.59bac0db7e0a7.jpg

The Lady Vols got the effort they needed, but not the results – especially from the free throw line – and fell 73-71 to Texas A&M on Sunday.

Tennessee (17-8, 7-5) got outscored at the stripe, 28-6, against Texas A&M (20-5, 8-4) and lost its fourth consecutive game. The Lady Vols shot well and won the board battle but ultimately were undone by ill-timed turnovers and misfires at the line.

“I think after a close game you can pick up a stat sheet and find many areas that you could’ve won the game. It's easy to do,” Tennessee Coach Kellie Harper said. “The other side is, I’m proud of our effort. I thought it was one of our best games in terms of 40 minutes of effort. I think we can build on that.

“You’ve just got to clean up some of those stat sheet items. You’ve got to keep giving focus and effort like that and give yourself a chance.”

Texas A&M Coach Gary Blair opened his post-game press conference by talking about how to boost concession sales.

“Tennessee should be commended for having a great Sunday crowd,” Blair said. “When you can drive up two hours before, and you can see all the moms and dads walking their daughters over here, you know you’re in the right sport and you know how much tradition there is on Sunday afternoons in Knoxville.

“When you have 2,000 folks lining up waiting to get in, you want to sell concessions an hour and 30 minutes earlier, because you could have sold a lot of concessions, and we have the same problem. We don’t open our arena up until an hour or an hour and a half before. We draw family crowds. We need those kids to experience what a Sunday afternoon in Knoxville or a Sunday afternoon in College Station is all about.”

247SPORTS.COM

The Lady Vols got the effort they needed, but not the final result.

Vols Men and Women BB are playing very much alike..  Keep it close all game, then unable to close

Damned if the men didn't nearly blow the game with a 12 point lead over Vandy in the last minute. :burningmad:

2 hours ago, GiveHim6 said:

Damned if the men didn't nearly blow the game with a 12 point lead over Vandy in the last minute. :burningmad:

I watched that last night. Pretty sad. They won but crap it almost felt like they lost. I was on the phone with those off shore idiots from Comcast for 2 hours so I missed some of it. I did hear Barnes at halftime say pretty much they sucked. He seemed pretty irritated.