I shouldn’t say lucky it just seemed more like Arkansas played badly then Tennessee played that great. Hey a win is a win. Still this more likely is an NIT team this year. The parts for a NCAA run are there but just don't see it yet. 

Just now, RobVOL said:

I shouldn’t say lucky it just seemed more like Arkansas played badly than Tennessee played that great. Hey a win is a win. Still, this is more likely an NIT team this year. The parts for a NCAA run are there, but just don't see it yet. 

Nothing lucky about it. 5 Vols scored in double figures and handed Arky their first double digit loss of the season. The defense stifled the Hogs all night. Vescovi was on fire. One of the best 40 minute efforts all season. Hope they bring it to Columbia Saturday.

Thus the reason I corrected myself. Not lucky but I've watched many Arkansas games this year and THAT fortuitously for Tennessee wasn't that team last night. Still an NIT team at best. 

I don't think the Hogs were ready for a defense like the Vols.

During an 8-0 run by the Vols, highlighted by a nifty finger roll by Vescovi, the Razorbacks went nearly six first-half minutes without a point, turning the ball over six times in that span. 

Tennessee's suffocating defense surrendered a mere 23 first-half points to the Razorbacks, Arkansas' fewest points in a first half this season.

Tennessee true freshman Davonte Graves grabbed a career-high seven rebounds, five on the defensive end, to go along with three steals and one rejection.

You don't beat a team like Arkansas by 19 just because they had an off night. The Vols are most likely an NIT team yes but when they are clicking they can hang with anyone. Just ask Kansas. It's just unfortunate that they can't be more consistent offensively. 

Yeah they had an off night. TheIr best player went 4-13 from the floor and they only shot for 30% from the floor. Terrible block outs on rebounding. That's on them.

That's nothing like what I've seen from them this year.

Don't get me wrong Tennessee got the skill sets in place just think they're a year away. 

The opportunity is there, if only remotely, that the Vols could at least get themselves on the bubble thanks to the remaining schedule. It's a tall order yes, to beat Auburn twice or even once, Kentucky at Rupp, Florida who's hot & cold, or a South Carolina team that's hot right now. But three or four wins out of those might get them in the conversation. At the very least an upset or two should guarantee a good seed in the NIT. 

• Like 1