SavageOrangeJug

Lost Jennings and Callaway...BUT...WR looks pretty good

We should be okay with Palmer coming back and these guys coming in

4* Malachi Wideman
4* Jimmy Calloway
4* Jalin Hyatt
4* Dee Beckwith (WR/TE)
Velus Jones who is the grad transfer from USC

Plus  former 4* DB Deangelo Gibbs who transferred from UGA in Jan 2019 is now eligible and is flipping to WR.

31 minutes ago, SavageOrangeJug said:

We should be okay with Palmer coming back and these guys coming in

4* Malachi Wideman
4* Jimmy Calloway
4* Jalin Hyatt
4* Dee Beckwith (WR/TE)
Velus Jones who is the grad transfer from USC

Plus  former 4* DB Deangelo Gibbs who transferred from UGA in Jan 2019 is now eligible and is flipping to WR.

Not to mention 10th year senior Brandon Johnson

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Atomic City said:

Not to mention 10th year senior Brandon Johnson

Yep. Should be OK at WR IF QB play passing placement gets better

How many here think that Guarantano will have a breakout year after being with the same offensive coordinator for 2 seasons finally?  :th_poop:

Unfortunately not me. I think we'll see massive improvement through off season training and Maurer and yes even Shrout will improve. Don't forget Bailey. Wonder if they move that former Maryland QB to wide receiver like ala Jermaine Copeland? Just a thought

Not sure RobVol.  There were times when he looked damn good but there were also times when he really stank it up.  He really is an enigma........  :dunno:

His lack of consistent play scares me. I have no confidence in JG. 

I also think he can't read a standard cover 2 zone if his life depended on it. I hope he proves me wrong

On 2/6/2020 at 6:23 PM, grevehallvol said:

How many here think that Guarantano will have a breakout year after being with the same offensive coordinator for 2 seasons finally?  :th_poop:

Mmmmm, not me but I think he will start most of the season until he messes up and Pruitt has come in off the bench.

They're many in the media who think Bailey is good enough to start. I find interesting. Honestly during Fulmer years Tennessee had success with freshman. Manning, Clausen and Ainge all started somewhere within the first year in the team. Can Chaney coach em up along with Weinke? Not sure. Neither one is a Cutcliffe but it will be interesting in the orange and white game. 

Yeah, if Bailey is as good as advertised I would like to see it.  Half of the first 4 games are a steep learning curve though.  

• Sept. 5 — Charlotte.
  • Sept. 12 — at Oklahoma.
  • Sept. 19 — Furman.
  • Sept. 26 — Florida.

With the QBs on this roster, look for one in the portal by next season

On 2/6/2020 at 6:23 PM, grevehallvol said:

I think by midseason there will be a two platoon quarterback system with Jarrett Guarantano and Harrison Bailey.

My thoughts on the QB situation is that it will be earned this spring and not just kinda handed to the upperclassman. The QB room has been full since the new year started so they will all have spring to show what they can do and how it turned out last year I think they will make sure they do all they can to get it right.

• Like 1