RobVOL

Huge basketball news

The NCAA's Committee for Legislative Relief notified the University of Tennessee Athletics Compliance staff Tuesday that men's basketball student-athlete Uros Plavsic has been ruled eligible to compete, effective immediately.

https://utsports.com/news/2020/1/14/mens-basketball-plavsic-ruled-eligible-to-compete-effective-immediately.aspx

Now let's not get carried away. They still have some big issues like poor shooting, unimpressive bench help and way too many turnovers. Hopefully he can give them some inside presence, they are too reliant on perimeter shooting. 

Wonder if Barnes will put him in the starting lineup tonight? 

I'll be surprised if he doesn't play. We desperately need help stopping the drives to the basket, and Georgia will try a lot to that.

The Vols actually looked better overall losing to Ga. than they did beating South Carolina. 40% shooting isn't anything to write home about but it's an improvement. 28 points in the paint is encouraging. Plavsic wasn't much of a factor but give him time. 

Speaking of South Carolina, that WHOOP! you heard was my wife when Cousinard hit that buzzer beater. And Bama stomped #4 Auburn. What a crazy season so far. :smiley_crazy:

3 hours ago, GiveHim6 said:

The Vols actually looked better overall losing to Ga. than they did beating South Carolina. 40% shooting isn't anything to write home about but it's an improvement. 28 points in the paint is encouraging. Plavsic wasn't much of a factor but give him time. 

Speaking of South Carolina, that WHOOP! you heard was my wife when Cousinard hit that buzzer beater. And Bama stomped #4 Auburn. What a crazy season so far. :smiley_crazy:

It will take some time for this guy to gel with the team but yes they looked better in the loss than in the win against SC. Then SC beats KY? WTH is going on?? lol

I thought they played terribly. Sheesh I sure hope this new guy can get accustomed to the team quickly. They truly need some inside presence and the guard play is weak. Not sure what people would expect when they lost 3 of their best players to the draft and then lose Lamonte Turner this year. Way too many shoes to fill at once.

Sure, when you lose by 18 you're doing it wrong. They dug themselves too big a hole to climb out of in the first half, especially with the way the dawgs were hitting nearly 62% of their 3s. But I'd say offensively the Vols looked much better than they did in that ugly win against Carolina. They were much better at getting good looks inside and hitting shots. When you're scuffling you have to take your positives where you find them.