LCountyVol

Former Nittany Lions player files federal lawsuit against James Franklin, Penn State for hazing

rut roh :shakehead:

Former Penn State football player Isaiah Humphries filed a federal lawsuit Tuesday against the university, coach James Franklin and former teammate Damion Barber.

The suit alleges that Humphries was subject to hazing brought on by Barber, linebacker Micah Parsons, defensive lineman Yetur Gross-Matos and linebacker Jesse Luketa and that the coaching staff was aware of the hazing and did not protect Humphries.

The allegations include instances when the named players collectively orchestrated, directed and facilitated a campaign to harass and haze underclassmen on the Penn State football team. The hazing alleged in the suit includes the participants stating that they intended to make the underclassmen "their bitch because this is a prison."

The participants allegedly referenced former defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky -- who is serving a 30- to 60-year prison term for sexually abusing children -- by saying, "I am going to Sandusky you."

The actions included wrestling underclassmen to the ground while maintaining restraint, simulating a "humping" action; wrestling underclassmen to the ground while another participant placed his genitals on the face of underclassmen; and instances of the participants placing their genitals on the buttocks of the alleged victims and stroking their genitalia.

Penn State released a statement later Tuesday, making note of its own investigation into the matter, emphasizing that charges were not filed.

"The university has established processes in place for responding to claims of potential misconduct. In accordance with our processes, the Office of Sexual Misconduct Prevention and Response and the Office of Student Conduct carried out investigations of the plaintiff's claims independent from Intercollegiate Athletics," the school said. "In addition, Penn State police investigated related allegations and forwarded the results of that investigation to the Office of the Centre County District Attorney. The DA reviewed the case and decided that no charges would be pursued."

Read more on ESPN:

WWW.ESPN.COM

Former Penn State football player Isaiah Humphries alleges in a federal lawsuit that he was subject to graphic hazing brought on by Nittany Lions teammates and that the coaching staff was aware of the situation yet didn't protect him.
Read more  

While this seems like a disgruntled player more than anything, not a good look for Penn State. At ALL

and instances of the participants placing their genitals on the buttocks of the alleged victims and stroking their genitalia.

Sounds like he got a reach around out of it anyway...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, okfloray said:

and instances of the participants placing their genitals on the buttocks of the alleged victims and stroking their genitalia.

Jerry Sandusky lives on in spirit at PSU.

On 1/14/2020 at 4:29 PM, RobVOL said:

While this seems like a disgruntled player more than anything, not a good look for Penn State. At ALL

I'd be a helluva lot more than disgruntled if a bunch of Sandusky wannabes teabagged me. This only could happen at State Pen. 

Well yeah I would too, I guess I just always am suspicious of these stories. So many times you see disgruntled people who don't get their way make up chit. If true though oh HELL yeah I would be pissed :verypissed:

33 minutes ago, XLVol said:

I'd be a helluva lot more than disgruntled if a bunch of Sandusky wannabes teabagged me. 

:icon_smile_big: Are you speaking from experience? 

51 minutes ago, okfloray said:

:icon_smile_big: Are you speaking from experience? 

If I had experienced anything like that, I'd be typing this from the prison library. 

1 hour ago, RobVOL said:

Or from Gainesville  :laughing1:

Teabag capital of the world. :gator:

• Like 1

WWW.ESPN.COM

District Attorney Bernie Cantorna said evidence given to his department regarding the Penn State hazing allegations didn't "meet the high threshold of filing and proving criminal charges beyond a reasonable doubt."
Read more  

1 hour ago, RobVOL said:
WWW.ESPN.COM

District Attorney Bernie Cantorna said evidence given to his department regarding the Penn State hazing allegations didn't "meet the high threshold of filing and proving criminal charges beyond a reasonable doubt."
Read more  

Oh well, :mices_blah: 'ol boy must be lying then. 

I'll tell ya, this world's going to hell in a hurry. When I was in school somebody would get their ass whipped for even suggesting to touch another guy with their unit. 

On 1/16/2020 at 2:05 PM, XLVol said:

If I had experienced anything like that, I'd be typing this from the prison library. 

Did you have this experience in the prison library? :dunno:

3 hours ago, SavageOrangeJug said:

Did you have this experience in the prison library? :dunno:

No, they banned me after I stabbed a smartass in the eye with a spoon. 

1 hour ago, XLVol said:

No, they banned me after I stabbed a smartass in the eye with a spoon. 

Obviously not a VolTalk member. One thing we don't have around here....smartasses. :nonono:

1 hour ago, RobVOL said:

WE got Smart people and asses ... sound about right ? :whataredoin:

I'll go along providing I get to pick the sides. :fairedesgrimaces: