RobVOL

Tonight's College Football National Title Game - Who you got?

I had a hard time with this one. They both are really good teams. So it real came down to the body of work. They both are incredible, but no one really challenged LSU all year. I mean there was some closer games with Florida and Auburn, but truly they were never in doubt of winning for the most part. Clemson played far weaker competition but that means nothing after beating Ohio State and contrary to what some would say the Buckeyes actually were a good team this year. Still, I think back to that gotcha moment that almost cost them again a mediocre North Carolina team that game shows some weaknesses. Yes it was long time back, but that tells me they can be beat. It is the slimmest of details and that shows what a great game this could potentially be. I think it is close and also think it might not be the high scoring game people think. Thinking medium scoring type game.

Prediction:

LSU 38

Clemson 30

Who you all got?

I don't think either team wins going away. Points will be hard to come by, with the winner being the last team to score. Dramatically, maybe a FG at the end.

23-20 LSU.

A turnover might be the difference. I think LSU by 4. 

The only thing that I could see happening that might cause this to be a blow out is if the wheels fall off for Clemson and LSU builds a big lead early. That happens and it could get out of control. I agree though that this will be close. Should be a hell of a game.

LSU's defense actually shut down Okie for a good part of the first half. And Burrow is just amazing. Thank god he's graduating!

LSU over Clemson 42-21.

I think it will be a competitive game, with LSU building a lead in the 1st half, then fighting for their life in the second half.

LSU 38

Clemson 35

Damn that turned out way different than I thought but man that was a great win for LSU. Impressive. They were talking about this on ESPN this morning about being the greatest team in history. Not sure about that though. Every time there is a good team there is this "Latest is the greatest"

I still think 1995 Nebraska and 2001 Miami would give them a run for their money. Just saying. Still very impressive team. They beat Georgia, Bama, Florida, Auburn, Oklahoma, Texas and Clemson. I don't care who you are, you beat all of those in the same season you're really good.

LSU made the big plays and the defense broke TL's string of 23... (?) games with a TD pass. Joe Burrow plays like some kind of anomaly. 

By the end of the game Lawrence was shellshocked, I'd say LSU got inside his head.

I had a feeling LSU's defense would be better than expected. Both defenses did a load of stunts & blitzes but Burrow & his offense handled it a lot better than Lawrence.

And I wasn't too far off on the final score. :bigwink:

It looked like Clem's D was selling out to stop the run and press the qb in the first qtr. Once JB started connecting on those long passes, Clemson didn't seem to have much of a plan for that. Then for the rest of the game, LSU was in the drivers seat.

Clemson's D was helped in the first by their punter pinning LSU inside the 10 twice. And that ineligible receiver downfield that took away a big gain that would've gotten them out of there. Once the LSU offense had room to operate Burrow was off to the races.