RobVOL

Cade Mays hits the transfer portal

He has realized his mistake and he's coming home. Atlanta sportstalk homers are having a meltdown. :HappyDance2:

:smily961:

Either he goes to Pittman or Tennessee. Bet he wants to play with his brother. At least I hope

Keep this in mind, Butch Jones didn't instill that tradition that Tennessee loyalists wanted. Fulmer is back. Pruitt is all about old school. Wouldn't surprise me to see Cade come home now. 

87DDA6CB-961D-4F18-9B74-BF906194326D.png

Anyone that doesn't think Tennessee football is coming back is crazy.

Watching idiots on social media talking down about Cade are stupid. If he decides to come back let's welcome him. Would you have signed under Butch Jones?

Help me out here, do transfers have to sit a year or would it be up to Georgia in this case?

The crap I've seen on social media especially that "Vols for drama" group disgusts me. Look, the kid made a decision. I wouldn't have signed under Butch Jones. Now, Chaney is here. Pruitt is succeeding. His brother signed on. Tennessee has momentum. Him coming back isn't a bad thing. It's a good thing. Why do these idiots in vol Facebook groups bitch? Just STFU and be happy. My God the crying drives me crazy. Welcome back Cade. Glad you came back from the dark side lol

It's up to the NCAA if he has to sit out a year. 

I heard the news about 2:30 listening to Atlanta sportstalk. Buck Ballew, otherwise known to me as Clueless Shithead, was whining about how Cade and the other early exits will miss out on all the experiences that guys like Sony Michel had. Yeah, another year of going to your Playground Management classes and listening to the head troll make excuses for why your top recruiting classes keep losing to teams like South Carolina. 

Keep working guys, your grandfather remembers 1980. 

Buck is an ass hat period. Never liked the guy. Totally agree

12 hours ago, VolNick said:

Help me out here, do transfers have to sit a year or would it be up to Georgia in this case?

Kevin Mays has a lawsuit going against UGA. Somehow cut his finger off on a folding chair at a function. So the school might be looking to cut ties.

Anyway, it kinda looks like the wheels are coming off in Athens. 

If Cade come in then this will solidify a line IF he can play next year. If not still him with Morris and Wright as Juniors would be a force to deal with. It would be like old time Tennessee O lines. 

This is getting ugly:

Attorney Tom Mars: Georgia leaked Cade Mays family's lawsuit

High-profile attorney Tom Mars, who has represented transfer hopefuls Justin Fields and Luke Ford among others, believes the University of Georgia intentionally leaked lawsuit proceedings involving offensive lineman Cade Mays and his father, Kevin, to paint the family in a bad light after transfer intentions were expressed this week.

Mars attests the lawsuit from a 2017 incident became public when Mays, who is reportedly interested in Tennessee, entered the NCAA transfer portal on Wednesday.

“The Mays family has never said a word to anyone about Kevin Mays’ lawsuit,” Mars said in an interview with the Knoxville News Sentinel. “The timing of the news stories about Mr. Mays’ lawsuit makes clear that UGA leaked this story to sportswriters today after Cade delivered a letter to Kirby Smart late (Tuesday) explaining the reason he’s leaving Kirby’s program.

“In fact, one sportswriter I spoke with earlier today confirmed that’s how he found out about the lawsuit. I suppose I shouldn’t be surprised that UGA is continuing to take the low road about the lawsuit, but in my opinion, directing sports writers to Mr. Mays’ lawsuit set a new record low for UGA Athletics.”

According to a document obtained by 247Sports from the Clarke County Courthouse, Mays’ father had to have part of his finger amputated after an accident at Georgia recruiting event several years ago. According to the documents, "Former UGA Offensive Line Coach Sam Pittman picked up Plaintiff Kevin Mays’s severed finger, and it was put on ice."

“Of all the waiver cases I’ve been involved in, I’ve never seen anything quite like this one,” Mars wrote in an email to the Knoxville News Sentinel. “For the sake of everyone who loves college football, I hope I never see another one.”

Mays, who made 11 starts at Georgia this season, is the older brother of four-star 2020 offensive lineman Cooper Mays, who joined the Vols officially this weekend as one of their four early enrollees. It's unclear if the older Mays would have to sit out the 2020 season or if he could get an NCAA waiver to be immediately eligible to play next season.

Cade Mays was a long-time Tennessee commitment before re-opening his recruitment during the 2017 season when the Vols went 4-8 and fired Butch Jones. He eventually chose Georgia over Clemson and was a key part of the offensive line for the Bulldogs for the past two seasons. The 6-foot-6, 318-pounder was ranked the No. 22 overall player and No. 3 offensive tackle prospect in the 247Sports Composite for the 2018 class.

While lawsuits are public record it would seem there is something that has happened to cause this slinging mud. Wonder what the real falling out is around all of this? Mays just kicking up dirt because Pittman left and they want a reason to play immediately? Or is there something internal that actually happened that cause this falling out? This seems more personal than player related to me. SOmethng happened somewhere..

Georgia has always had a huge bug up their ass about UT. Nothing surprises me about how dirty they are willing to play. 

Just ask Herschel where he got his Trans Am when he was a freshman. Remember faxgate. etc. etc. 

Wait Faxgate was that OTHER asshat team Gayturds.... ahh hell they both little bitches :blahblah1:

Yeah, that was Florida. That guy is still coaching. Auburn I think.

Sometimes there's so many assholes I get them mixed up.