Having a month off didn't exactly work in favor of the Vols. Indiana on the other hand played inspired ball. I think they appeared to want it more, just in the end UT had more horses. I don't know what JG's issue is. Currently he's the best QB on the roster, but I'm further convinced that he's peaked. 

He looked worse in person ........I was talking the John Henderson and some of the former Vols last night and honestly they said he was not a right fit for Tennessee. Just not an SEC top caliber guy. Like putting a square peg into a round hole

On UT's opening possesion of the second half, I told my wife there was about to be an interception. Now she thinks I'm psychic.

Everybody in the stadium had to know that JG was going to target Jennings at the first half-assed chance he got. Which he did, and Indy turned it into a pic6. Now, I'm not saying that Indy played to make that happen. But I'm willing to bet they wern't suprised when it did. 

9 hours ago, okfloray said:

Having a month off didn't exactly work in favor of the Vols. Indiana on the other hand played inspired ball. I think they appeared to want it more, just in the end UT had more horses. 

Don't agree. The onside kick wasn't just a gamble, it was a statement. Pruitt said they had practiced that play 500-600 times during the season and he was confident they would execute.

Press the kicking game, that is where the breaks are made. I agree with the sportswriter from the Indy Star. He said Indiana didn't lose it, Tennessee won it.

Also Pruitt said they spotted a hole in Indy's front alignment during film study. He called the bunt from the sideline when they noticed Indy's 'hands' team wasn't on the field. 

You might have noticed that the Vols took a traditional kickoff alignment, PB took a traditional approach, and the ball wasn't traditionally tee'd up 'on-side'. Intentions were not revealed, and Indiana didn't have a clue. 5 guys were involved in the recovery, 3 committed to blocks and 2 to recover the ball. In those ways, different from on-side kicks in the past.

Thought about it, and I could see this type on-side kick catching on. Receiving teams will have to find a better way to defend the live ball.