RobVOL

Gator Bowl - Who's coming?

Capture.PNG

I would like to find out who all might be attending from the site. I will be in section J like last time. We had a blast back in 2015 so I hope we get a good turnout. I might try to set up a bigger tent area this year. If anyone needs help with the area, please let me know. I will be glad to answer any questions about where to stay and best sides of town and places you can go and places you don't want to go. I talked with Quintin Hancock and he will be swinging by as well.

The hotel and the River area isn't bad. There is a lot of stuff going on with rebuilding along the river. You are on riverplace side. Should be OK. I would not venture out at night too far without a Uber or something or if you are driving. If you go out the night before or venture out far, head to the south-side area or beaches. I would stay out of the west-side area. For eating/ dining there is a ton of restaurants to eat at the town center.

The traffic is terrible though so FYI. If you are just coming for the game and not traveling out much then yeah that hotel will work. You can get to the beach pretty easy from there. Best bet would be hit 95 south to JTB and then head east if you want to go out to the coast. Hope that helps

If you change your mind, you got a place. 

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jacksonville - Blount Island

10148 New Berlin Rd , Jacksonville, Florida 32226

Is this a decent area and how hard will it be to get to the stadium?

Well the area has been built up around there. You are near the Dames Point bridge. Not much in the way of entertainment though. Head to Interstate I-295 south from there and go down to Arlington expressway. That is the best route to the stadium. Its a little messy once you get into downtown but better than going the other direction through Downtown northside of Jax. ugh... Lets just say you dont want to break down on the interstate over there :shakehead:

The Gator Bowl sits in the southeastt side of the downtown area so go that way. Are you just coming for the game or coming in early for New Years Eve? If so like I was telling Motor, Beaches and extreme southside of Jax are the best places to go for dining and entertainment. Your hotel is up near where people stay when they come out of the Airport. You are near Hecksher Drive. If you like Golf There is a Top Golf about 30 minutes away from there. It sits right down the road from my office. Food and Bars I would say Town Center. Just like the link I provided above in this thread. Nice places to eat and better surroundings. If just doing to the game thing then yeah you should be fine there.

Still a maybe from me.  Quinten is a cool dude, he was even able to haul in a few of my drunk passes.  

Hey at least you didnt hit someones car ..:bouncesmile:

Why were they parking on our practice field anyways?

Good Point. How dare those people park cars where drunk people throwing the ol' pigskin? :Hammer3:

That should be fine. Much closer to nicer area. Still only 30 minutes with traffic to the game

OK guys for peeps parking in the J parking lot where we will be, we will have the big tent up and the Voltalk.banner like last time. I went ahead and got this magnet for the 4runner made.

image.png

So just in case you don't see the banner you can see this on the side of my vehicle :ohyeah:

I've got banners and truck magnets and tents for the game. Plus voltalk Cornhole boards. I'm set to make a presence

Not many coming down for the game?  Looks like attendance will be good though

I wish I could be there. Have a great time watching us win. :animblackutflag:

Thanks. I'll take lots of pics. I'm going to that post game thing as well so maybe I'll get some of the former players too

2 hours ago, RobVOL said:

Thanks. I'll take lots of pics. I'm going to that post game thing as well so maybe I'll get some of the former players too

It would be great to get to see those guys. Get some photos. 

Apparently not having one this year.