Countdown To Christmas!

TecVol

Jennings suspended first half of bowl game

Didn't expect that. I guess a ballplayer can be suspended now for anything the sports media puts a bad light on. I watched the video half a dozen times, so I'm not buying that's how they determined JJ was deliberate. I suspect the SEC caved in just to cover their ass. 

What a bunch or crap. No flag was called and obviously the guy was in hurry to just get out of the area and wasn't looking underneath his foot. BS BS BS. His final game and he has to sit out a half for this? :4:

“Commissioner Sankey shared his perspective on the actions in question, we had a long conversation about the matter, and we will honor the suspension,” Fulmer said.

I'd have liked to have been a fly on the wall for that conversation. Like everyone has said, there's no way to see what happened from the vid and determine without a doubt stepping on his head was deliberate. I mean that not as a Vol fan but as a football fan who doesn't like cheap shots no matter who delivers them. If someone on the sideline who actually saw what happened knows more than what the general public knows from the footage then hey, the SEC office should say so.

By saying Tennessee "will honor the suspension" I get the feeling what Fulmer is really saying is that he doesn't like it but since the office "will have no further comment" Tennessee has no choice but to go along. Sankey has spoken!

24 minutes ago, GiveHim6 said:

I'd have liked to have been a fly on the wall for that conversation. Like everyone has said, there's no way to see what happened from the vid and determine without a doubt stepping on his head was deliberate. I mean that not as a Vol fan but as a football fan who doesn't like cheap shots no matter who delivers them. If someone on the sideline who actually saw what happened knows more than what the general public knows from the footage then hey, the SEC office should say so.

By saying Tennessee "will honor the suspension" I get the feeling what Fulmer is really saying is that he doesn't like it but since the office "will have no further comment" Tennessee has no choice but to go along. Sankey has spoken!

BINGO!

Totally agree

This suspension is the biggest bunch of crap I have seen. I have seen so much worse happen in games with cheap shots that were flagged but not suspended. So is the SEC trying to say since there wasn't a flag we are gonna get this guy for what the refs missed? 

Fine suspend him a few opening snaps  but an entire half? BULLCRAP :saywhat: :censored:

I wonder if there was another camera angle that hasn't been shown publicly yet that might have influenced the decision. And I also wonder if Jennings and/or Shelton-Mosley were interviewed by anyone in the SEC office to get their side of the story.

Why all the high & mighty "no further comment" rhetoric? "Video evidence"? Why can't the SEC say exactly what evidence they looked at or saw or heard to arrive at their decision?  :dunno:

37 minutes ago, GiveHim6 said:

I wonder if there was another camera angle that hasn't been shown publicly yet that might have influenced the decision. And I also wonder if Jennings and/or Shelton-Mosley were interviewed by anyone in the SEC office to get their side of the story.

Why all the high & mighty "no further comment" rhetoric? "Video evidence"? Why can't the SEC say exactly what evidence they looked at or saw or heard to arrive at their decision?  :dunno:

There was another camera angle on the game replay on YouTube.  It showed pretty much what we have seen, but the YouTube versions showed Jennings going Ape $hit up and down our benches, acting like the Hulk or something.  That video has totally disappeared.  My wife watched it and said JJ will miss the first half.