Countdown To Christmas!

RobVOL

Does anyone find this troubling?

Tennessee pays Pruitt $3,846,000

Greg Schiano just signed a contract with RUTGERS..... Let me say that again ... RUTGERS! for 4 million a year. OK we all know the history when Tennessee almost hired this guy. How is it though he gets more from RUTGERS than a historical and top 15 winning-est programs in college football history? This is one of the things that has always troubled me. Tennessee keeps wanting elite status but pays middle class coaches salary. Obviously we all are glad Pruitt is our coach and is trending up. I am hoping his salary is evaluated. We cannot afford to lose this guy. :saywhat: :shakehead:

WWW.ESPN.COM

Rutgers welcomed back Greg Schiano, saying he is "the right coach at the right time" for the program.

That's a difference of $154, 000 a year. Which isn't hay, but Schiano is an experienced head coach. And that might make a difference.

I'd like to see Pruitt get a raise, or some kind of tasty incentive bonus. Just not a fan of contract extensions or buy outs. Not yet anyway, make him earn it.

Well it took Rutgers 2 tries to get him to sign a contract. I don't know but maybe Schiano was holding out for a longer term deal. Schiano got them on the map when they were in the Big East but how many years would it take for them just to get competitive considering the schedule they play now? I can't think of too many other coaches with "name" recognition who would take the Rutgers job for any amount of money.

I wonder if Rutgers & Maryland are having second thoughts about joining the Big 10? :lightonfire:

Yeah I am not really saying Pruitt deserves anything right now. I am just saying it just seems we always go cheap and maybe got lucky with Pruitt but a school with hardly any history like Tennessee goes out and pays more for a "Ok" coach at a sub standard football school more than what Tennessee paid after 10 years of garbage football. Just seems out of whack to me.

I know what you're saying and I really don't know to judge what one school is willing to pay vs. another. There are always a few variables and every program has it's own circumstances and challenges. But like you say, if Pruitt keeps up the good work Tennessee is almost certain to have other schools come calling. Tennessee is going to have to pony up or else.

I would expect Pruitt to at least get some bonus money for making a bowl game and a few other things. Isn't that pretty common nowadays?

Boy take a look at the incentives and even if he sucks what he gets

WWW.APP.COM

Greg Schiano is now the highest-paid state employee in New Jersey history at $4 million per year. Gov. Phil Murphy's salary is $175,000.

I think after the previous AD's search fiasco no big names were ready to come anywhere near UT.  

Schiano withdrew from a sloppy Scarlet Knights coaching search Nov. 24 but a revolt from prominent alumni, former players and a significant portion of the fan base saw his name return to the ongoing search a few days later.

Rutgers athletic director Pat Hobbs fired Chris Ash after a 1-3 start to the season, and reportedly has an agreement in place with Schiano to return to the program he once built up from ground zero. Schiano met with Hobbs during the season, and was the clear top choice for most fans and donors since the beginning.

Talks, however, fell apart with significant criticism upon Hobbs for his handling of negotiations. Butch Jones also reportedly interviewed for the job with names like Joe Moorhead also in the headlines.

Butch isn't happy with his job analyzing the Bama offense? :4_6_2v[1]:

He has to pretend he is looking for a good job to keep getting his big payout from UT.  

I think Butch's job is analyzing Bama's opponents offense. That is, when he's not busy washing lil'Nicky's car. 

Just now, VolNick said:

He has to pretend he is looking for a good job to keep getting his big payout from UT.  

A free plane ride for him and Barb to New Jersey. Get his ass kissed for a while, and end up purposely blowing an interview. 

What a way to make a living...

They'd have to pay me at least 4 million to consider living in Joisey. 

There's not enough money for me to live anywhere above the Mason Dixon period lol