Countdown To Christmas!

RobVOL

The gutting in the SEC

Isn't nice to be one of the non gutted staffs and teams? Ole Miss, South Carolina, Arkansas, Missouri all going through crap. Glad the vols are trending up folks. Not a one good season and done like that Butch Jones crap. Vols are onward and upward.... 

Muschamp is on thin ice down here. The shocker against Georgia is a distant memory now, especially after the loss to Appy St. It may have bought him another year but they were expecting 7 or 8 wins this year despite a tough schedule.

I wouldn't wish it on anybody. But nobody felt sorry for us when it was our turn. But yeah, I'm glad It's over for us, at least for the foreseeable future. Now we get to watch how other teams screw-up the hiring process.

Will Kiffin get an offer? How about Mike Leach? Chris Peterson?

WWW.SEATTLETIMES.COM

Why would a successful coach such as Chris Petersen, 55, walk away from one of the best jobs in college football? At this point, it’s all just guesses and speculation. But the key was in his statement, Larry Stone writes.
Read more  

I read where for Chris Peterson he just burned out. Apparently with Early signing periods now here and on top of all the other recruiting a lot of coaches are facing burnout and have no time for family. Generally they would spend the off weeks or off period during bowl season for that and now with basically two signing periods some coaches are getting tired. I actually also heard this is grating on Saban even. Some also think more coaches are getting tired of this multiple signing periods. One guy I was talking with yesterday said he predicts Saban is gone within a year or two.

Interesting rumors but this guy has some good inside info so not sure how viable it is though

I heard on Cowherd ( yeah I hate the guy) but driving and he was on (Sir XM radio) the same thing. Basically he said this is the real reason the Urban Meyer won't come back to college coaching and why Saban be out sooner rather than later. Also this is one of the main reasons Peterson is leaving coaching. I get it. These guys already are consumed with recruiting and their time is limited. Early signing period has made it worse.

Speaking of gutting something must be up in South Carolina. Wasn't Bentley like working well with the staff and Muschamp? Apparently... not so much now

WWW.ESPN.COM

South Carolina quarterback Jake Bentley, who started three seasons for the Gamecocks, will transfer for his final year after graduating from the school.

My wife the FSU fan goes through the roof every time I mention Kiffin for the FSU job, which is one of the many rumors going on around here.  I don't see it happening but I like to piss her off sometimes.

Saban retiring after 2 more years?  Great, by then Pruitt will have UT back as a regular top 10 team and then bama will hire him away.  Anyone think he would not go if offered?

1 minute ago, VolNick said:

Great, by then Pruitt will have UT back as a regular top 10 team and then bama will hire him away.  Anyone think he would not go if offered?

Honestly if he is doing really well at Tennessee, I would say no. Pruitt is old school. He will appreciate the chance he was given by Tennessee. This is not hopeful thinking on my part. I truly think he would stick and build himself his own history. Again this is if he raises Tennessee back to full relevance on a consistent basis.

I don't think Pruitt leaves to replace Saban, it's hard to follow a legend. Better to be the guy who replaces the guy, who replaced the legend.

• Like 1