Countdown To Christmas!

RobVOL

Tax Slayer still the one

My bowl committee friend is saying unless there's a major change, Tennessee will be in Jax. They have them number 1

I just checked, 4 tickets, parking, and a program for $75.  Hard to beat that.  Not sure if that deal goes away after the teams are announced.  And they pick your seats.

It probably will. If it is here I will get that great parking pass like last time. We will be right next to the stadium.

I guess I could see it. With 4 SEC teams going to New Year's 6 bowls and Auburn likely for the Citrus the Outback picks from the Vols, Kentucky, or A&M with 7 wins. Miss. St. likely gets a lesser bowl with 6 wins. If A&M stays out west it's between the Vols & Cats and the Vols have the win in that one.

Bowls.jpg

My Ms State insider buddy thinks they'll be in the Belk Bowl. Jimmy Hyams thinks we'll get the Outback or possibly Gator Bowl. 

Indiana doesn't excite me but I would like to see us take on Minnesota.

Based on the attendance and popularity and travel of the Vol fans that is why Gator is trying heavily to get Tennessee. My friend says they were impressed with the attendance even in an OK year back in 2015 when they played Iowa. They are pushing hard for the Vols. Still, I could see the Outback again though. That doesn't bother me. Heck that's only an hour and half or maybe two hours drive for me.

looking like Gator/Taxslayer is in the lead. This jives with what Rob said. Catlett has been stumping for the Vols and knows they travel well. I would guess more and more it is looking like a trip to Jacksonville is on order. 

WWW.KNOXNEWS.COM

Gator Bowl President and CEO Richard Catlett is at no shortage of reasons for why Tennessee should want to play in his Jan. 2 bowl game.

I am still hearing the same. Derrik is supposed to tell me this weekend. I just hope it is here so I can get some cheap tickets

Well not sure lol.

OK well he just pinged me. So here is the deal.

For Taxslayer Bowl here is the things that need to happen:

• LSU wins
  • Utah wins
  • Big 12 is close

Against Wisconsin unless the unthinkable happens and they beat Ohio state

Now all bets are off if Georgia upsets LSU. Then it is the outback because LSU more than likely will not drop out of the top  and a win keeps Georgia in the playoff and then the next team would step up to the Sugar.

So LSU loses schedule for the Outback.

If we are in the Taxslayer I will post all the parking pass info and tickets available in our Classifieds section. He is selling them 30% off his Stubhub prices for us. I will also check on parking passes.

Lower Level = 125 per ticket with no shipping charges or fees from Stub hub

Club Seats = 225.00 per ticket

Parking pass 80.00 Lot J We were right there last time for the folks that joined us last time they will know where this is.

The Lower levels will be on the sides for the most part, There is 4 sections and he has 4 or 5 tickets per section. Will sell pairs. No singles though because he gets stuck with singles and it is a pain to sell.

Like I said once official I will post them in the classifieds section

I also feel weird about today. I have a nagging feeling UGA may win. Not sure why. Maybe the bad Chinese food I ate. If they win I would look towards Tampa

Bright & early this morning after all the dust has settled I see on ESPN that Bonagura still has the Vols in Jacksonville vs. Indiana while Schlabach has Kentucky playing Indiana and the Vols in the Music City vs. Louisville. But Schlabach probably doesn't have Rob's inside connection right? I honestly don't know why the Taxslayer if given the choice would take the Cats over the Vols. :dunno:

He pinged me last night. Jacksonville is only a chance now. Utah screwed me!!! 

dam utes !! 

Yeah CBS Sports has the Vols in Nashville and College Football News has them in the Liberty. Athlon still has them in Jacksonville though. We'll know this afternoon.

Looking more like Kentucky here. My friends pissed. They don't travel near like Tennessee does. Tickets don't sell near as well