Countdown To Christmas!

RobVOL

TENNESSEE kicked Vandy in the butt

EYTFWRQT7EI6VESMWNGQTO6JJA.jpg

Vols win. Ugly? Yes. A win? Yes

Screw Vandy

297 yds. rushing! Now that's my idea of Vol football. What a day for Eric Gray.

And just to add insult to injury, JJ knocked that Vandy RB into next week on the sideline. That was worth waiting through the second delay for.

The weather really screwed things up but yeah I loved seeing Tennessee run the rock. That was fun to watch. I thought at the beginning of the year Eric would be something special. Looks like he is coming on at the end of the season. Figure him to have impacts next year.

Umm. Upon further review... D.J. Shockley says that JJ stepped on Shelton-Mosley's face intentionally and that it was "inexcusable" but he was up in the broadcast booth so how would he know for sure any more than the rest of us?

After the 2nd deIay I watched the last 7 minutes streaming thru our cable provider on my desktop. Somewhere along the line the sound went out on the broadcast but I did see the play in question and it's not clear at all from the TV broadcast what really happened. Some sideline guy got his feet taken out from under him and chairs and stuff went flying as they slid over what looks like a tarp. Then Jennings started acting like a crazy man & pushing & shoving ensued. Impossible from the vid to see any evidence of deliberate headstomp but all that does is mean there's no evidence other than possibly some of the players or people right down there where it happened. :dunno:

Jauan Jennings found himself in the middle of a debate on Saturday night. Tennessee's wide receiver undeniably stepped on Vanderbilt punt returner Justice Shelton-Mosley's face after tackling him along the sideline during the fourth quarter.

Whether it was intentional or an accident is unclear.

SEC Network analyst D.J. Shockley wasn't shy about airing his opinion.

"This was an inexcusable action and has no place in college football," Shockley, who was the television analyst for the broadcast, tweeted after the game. "One of the worst things I’ve seen in a long time."

Not buying the intentional stepping on the helmet crap. DJ needs to STFU. He's trying to get people to watch him. 

From what I've read his helmet was off & JJ was stomping him in the face. No flags were thrown but it was such a mess down there who knows other than any possible eyewitness whether it was intentional or not. Obviously the refs couldn't see what happened, they were busy trying to break up a potential fight.

Watch JJ's right foot as he gets up. He's not looking at the guy, and there's some pushing and shoving going on. I don't see how anybody can make a determination whether or not it's intentional.

WWW.12UP.COM

Tennessee Vols WR Jauan Jennings appeared to stomp on a Vanderbilt player's head on Saturday.
Read more  

Shockley is just another one among many hundreds of Georgia players that are still bitter about being owned by the Volunteers their entire college career. Those guys will never miss an opportunity to slam the Vols. 

He’s probably another one of their players that got a degree in Playground Management.

Stomping implies several times.  JJ stepped on his head one time.  The vandy dumb butt should have kept his helmet on

This morning on WNML Eric Ainge said he absolutely didn't step on his face on purpose. Tec's right - keep the helmet on. 

On a positive note, it might have improved his looks.