RobVOL

Pick ems updated. Important! Friday Games this week!

I have updated the pick ems. Haven't added any games yet. Need to see the holiday line up. Looks like some didn't see the reminder to add all your games because of the delay on announcing kick off times. XL is back in the lead. 

OK I actually went and looked and a lot of the games are on Friday this week. SO MAKE SURE you get your picks for Friday in as well!

I am adding them right now so should be up this afternoon.

OK folks I have added all the games. Some on Saturday haven't been announced for kick so I made them noon kickoffs! Please just make sure you have all your picks in. Sorry but holidays and these kickoffs sometimes get changed, I cannot sit here and just watch and make timely updates so for these games I set the kick off to noon:

image.png

For the ones in here that I actually added. Just remember some games on Friday so might want to double check and make sure you have all games picked.

Wow... 1 pick made all the difference, otherwise 12 of us would be ranked #1 for the week. 

:ohyeah: Good job...

And people were saying if they win out should beat out Bama... If there was a loss at the top...... Umm no

2 hours ago, RobVOL said:

I have updated the pick ems. Haven't added any games yet. Need to see the holiday line up. Looks like some didn't see the reminder to add all your games because of the delay on announcing kick off times. XL is back in the lead. 

Where was the reminder. I went from 3rd to 10th. I still don’t see a reminder anywhere.

Email reminder sent Thursday and Friday. Plus the topic last week said games added almost. Stated some games were added Monday because no kick off time. 

Here is where I posted about a delay on adding some games

I never received anything and other people had made picks before me. Again I never received anything and have been in the top three all season.

Umm yeah I did on the 18th. It's right in the post I referenced. Everyone gets an email reminder every week. If you didn't get it check your Spam filter. I just checked and every member was sent the pick em reminder. If your email address isn't correct unfortunately that's on you. 

Here is where I said officially added the rest of the games

524B8AC9-A42B-4CA0-91D9-1B73D0188ADD.png

I appreciate the notice that there will be some games on Friday, but nobody has had to remind me that football games are on Saturdays since about 1965. 

• Like 1

I got my reminders this weekend just like always. Dunno much about the process but I appreciate the time & effort Rob takes to set the pickems up. Maybe there was some technical problem.

Bragging rights and prizes are nice and all but I give it a shot every week just for fun. Personally I don't spend a lot of time doing background research, I mostly go with my gut and so does my wife. It also makes me pay attention to games I otherwise wouldn't pay any attention to. Like Navy over SMU. :ranting:

• Like 1

The guest user in the standings is a test account and it got the emails as did I. Sounds like maybe email was blocked or changed and/or unsubscribed from. Not sure what to say other than there is a trigger reminder sent Thursday and Friday and I posted in the referenced topic the games are delayed so came back in that same exact topic and then posted all games added. So this week I went ahead and just added the games at noon so I could get them added. So even though they might announce later kick off is at 3 or 4 or 7. The lock out on those games is 12 noon. 

I got all the reminders. 

Good thing, because I almost forgot that college football has been played on Saturdays for 150 years. 

:nonono:

I think the confusion was I posted some games Sunday. Many games hadn't added a kick off time. Which is why I said in that weeks post I'd be adding more once times were announced. I went back in on Tuesday and said all other games added. I think some made picks Sunday and didn't read that post. That's the confusion. 

This week I just decided to make them noon. I try to keep them correct on kickoff times because the system auto locks the games at kickoff. This way people can change all the way up to the kickoff. Unfortunately I can't just sit and watch until they update. That's why I said forget it and made the kickoffs at noon. On the ones not announced when I went to add games. 

I usually wait till the end of the week to make my picks because you never know when some gator will get drunk and try to steal something and get suspended.  That could alter the outcome of the game.  I get my reminders too.

13 minutes ago, VolNick said:

I usually wait till the end of the week to make my picks because you never know when some gator will get drunk and try to steal something and get suspended.  That could alter the outcome of the game.  I get my reminders too.

Lol me to. I might make them early but like going back in if some idiot gets suspended or game time announcement about someone not playing. Which is exactly why I try to leave open right up until kickoff