Countdown To Christmas!

RobVOL

Tennessee wins against Missouri 24-20

2019-11-23_23-14-32.png

I win is a win. I think we all are glad about that. It does seem though that this team does everything it can to keep from winning and still finds a way to come through. It has me completely confounded. Hats off to the wrs in this game. Jennings, Callaway and Palmer played lights out. It wasn't great QB play it was great play by this unit. They deserve a game ball. Especially Palmer. He got laid out to dry a couple of times but he came up with tremendous catches.

Also I am about sick of the SEC officials. They let more than 3 seconds run off the clock twice after Tennessee got first downs. Terrible Terrible clock management. Also big hats off the Shamburger. He could have at down and bitched when Pruitt got into his grill but he cooled down and realized it was just getting coached and was right back out on the field. I applaud him for not being a little snowflake bitch and taking it personally.

Ugly game and that is what I thought it would be. Still a win is a win and folks the Vols are going bowling! With a win next week they are pretty much a lock for the Taxslayer Bowl down here in my neck of the woods. That is a good thing. One of the board members who I talked about around two weeks ago has reconfirmed what he told me. If the Vols win out they will want them. So that is a lock. Just don't FU on Vandy.

Just saying.

:mices_blah:

Proud of this team and of JG. Both are finally playing decent football. And we're going bowling! Bonus football!! :govolsbaby:

Not to mention extra practices in December. Coaches always make a point of emphasizing how beneficial that is. 

Great game, came at a good time. Now the Vols can nail the lid down on 3rd place finish SECE. Bittuli's playing like an All American, Warrior's stuck his head in there, TooToo gets a mention. In all phases I thought the defense played better than the offense for the whole game. And they preserved the win, can't say enough about that.

The offense played historically vs Mizzou. Callaway, Palmer, and Jennings all caught for over 100 yds, and that's the first time ever for the Vols. And as if that wasn't enough, Calloway and Jennings moved into all time top 10 UT recievers for yards. Dadgum good bunch of wr's, that make we wonder who's #1 in confrence. JG threw for over 400 yds, it's weird. Usually that means score more than 24 points.

But that's a thing for another day. Today we celebrate. Yee-Haw! Go Big Orange! Now kick Vandy's ass and go into a bowl game riding a wave of momentum.

Gator Bowl, hmmm...  What about Tennessee wins out, and the SEC has 2 teams in the playoffs. How would that work into bowl game selection for the Vols?

I can only say if they beat Vanderbilt my friend on the bowl committee has said they'll be taking Tennessee. 

I've been very critical and rightfully so of JG. Still of his performance. Not personal. The ass clowns that did this should have their ass beat period. There's no reason for this. We are the University of Tennessee! Not UF. This crap disgusts me

I can tell you while 400+ yards is always a good thing. It is the little things JG does that drives me crazy. He looks like and all - SEC QB and then goes out on a 2nd and 6 and turns into a 3 and 17 because he cannot get out of his own way or will take stupid sacks. It is so frustrating with this guy. A lot of those balls he threw last night were 50/50 balls so I totally agree it was more the WRs making him look good. Still, a win is a win and Vols are bowling and who would have thought that after how the year started? As far as a getting death threats. that pure crap and any idiot that does is flat out an asshole PERIOD. There is no place for this and I apologize to JG for these idiots. While I am not his greatest fan either, the kid has gotten somewhat better and he is wearing Orange and that Big T is still on his helmet. Apparently all the other QBs love the guy. So that tells me he isn't disliked much within the team. So he might not be my favorite player, he is a VOL so he deserves some respect just for that. PERIOD. Death threats are just completely STUPID!

:paddle:

5 hours ago, RobVOL said:

I can only say if they beat Vanderbilt my friend on the bowl committee has said they'll be taking Tennessee. 

I hear outback is an outside possibility too.

Stick with taxslayer ..... Just saying.

Get your ass up here for the game lol

I took the week of Christmas off and the other manager that watches my area took the week of New Years.  That being said, I may be able to do some horse trading and get up there.  That 7 pm start time is tough though.  Lets get the bowl invitation first then I will explore my options. 

If we make a bowl game it will have to be new years or before. Allie doesn't have off for Jax we already discussed it.

47 minutes ago, Atomic City said:

If we make a bowl game it will have to be new years or before. Allie doesn't have off for Jax we already discussed it.

Hah! Whipped. :icon_smile_big:

• Haha 1

Dude you all could have stayed with us. Tell her to call in sick! 

I just reconfirmed with my friend on the bowl committee. Tennessee if they win Saturday is their number 1 choice. He's also gonna let me post good tickets in our classified section. For everyone who came down last time remember that parking spot we had? He's the guy that gets me the hookup. 

9 minutes ago, RobVOL said:

For everyone who came down last time remember that parking spot we had? 

I couldn't find it after the game.  :Drunk1: