Update:

Pick Ems Updated. Redwood still leads. Added week 13 

Get your picks in for week 13 here

RobVol

I'm watching but there's no way jg is the man

Period end of discussion. Why is no one playing in this game?

How long are they holding Maurer out?  Saving him for conference games?

Honestly I’m disgusted. Why no Shrout? Why no Maurer ?

I’m pissed

JG was functional, with one terrible decision to throw the int in the endzone. I was sitting in that endzone and knew it was going to be picked off as soon as he started to throw. Tired of watching this guy continually take points off the board. Saw him choose the wrong target several times when a better option was open, and he frequently waits too long until the opening is gone. We need a better QB if we're going to win the next 3. 

I'll give him props for playing with that hand a week after surgery but like you said, he took points off the board just before the half. He should've thrown that ball to you and at worst let Cimaglia kick the chip shot FG.

Pruitt can yell at him till he turns blue but JG just doesn't seem to be able to learn from mistakes. It's the same bad decisions and missed receivers week after week.

• Like 1

Well, if your going to throw a pic, do it while leading big, and with no time left on the clock. Fortunately for us the negative effects were minimal. It was the Vols only turnover of the game.

The thing with Shrout baffles me. The only thing I can imagine is that everybody wants JG to catch fire, and they've decided to give him every opportunity. Maurer on the other hand seems more obvious. The guys gotten amounts of PT in 3 games, hasn't finished one yet, and been concussed twice. Fair to say I think, he just doesn't yet have the physical stature to be a QB in the SEC. I can't imagine how physically able someone has to be to endure landing on their head, but I do believe he's being held out because of it.

My criticism of last night's game is I can't believe we didn't block those guys better. The run blocking specifically.  Chandler was the leader for 85 net yds, but 31 one of those were on his only breakaway run. 5-13 on 3rd down isn't going to cut it for long, and again we didn't get any push inside the RZ.

Hats off to Cimaglia though. 53 yard FG, personal best.

3 hours ago, GiveHim6 said:

I'll give him props for playing with that hand a week after surgery but like you said, he took points off the board just before the half. He should've thrown that ball to you and at worst let Cimaglia kick the chip shot FG.

Pruitt can yell at him till he turns blue but JG just doesn't seem to be able to learn from mistakes. It's the same bad decisions and missed receivers week after week.

Yeah that's true. Playing with a bad hand. Cannot question his toughness